CC 2042

/ CC 2042 #1  

gonfishin

Hi guys. I have an '05 2042 and I'm real happy with the machine. I do have a few issues tho'. Can anyone help? First is, the wife was mowing the other day (I know, that's half of the issue right there /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif) and the PTO belt came off. Has anyone else had issues with theirs? The other is the drive pedals. The FWD pedal seems to "stick" and continue to move when the foot is removed. Only to be stopped by touching the REV pedal. Had it at the dealer and he said he lubed it up and couldn't get it to stop. Any ideas? Maybe linkage, calibration?? Thanks.

/ CC 2042
Hi guys. I have an '05 2042 and I'm real happy with the machine. I do have a few issues tho'. Can anyone help? First is, the wife was mowing the other day (I know, that's half of the issue right there /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif) and the PTO belt came off. Has anyone else had issues with theirs? The other is the drive pedals. The FWD pedal seems to "stick" and continue to move when the foot is removed. Only to be stopped by touching the REV pedal. Had it at the dealer and he said he lubed it up and couldn't get it to stop. Any ideas? Maybe linkage, calibration?? Thanks.

/ CC 2042 #3  
Jeff,

I too have a 2042 that my wife uses /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

check your alignment on the belt where it meets the front pulleys. Also, don't engage the PTO until the deck is in the mowing height position. If it's all the way up, you can make the belt jump off the pulleys. Also, I turn mine on with the throttle 1/2 way, then increase to full rpm.

There is an alignment mechanism under the right floor deck that controls the pedals. Check that first. You might want to try some lube yourself.

Hope this helps.

/ CC 2042 #4  
Jeff,

I too have a 2042 that my wife uses /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

check your alignment on the belt where it meets the front pulleys. Also, don't engage the PTO until the deck is in the mowing height position. If it's all the way up, you can make the belt jump off the pulleys. Also, I turn mine on with the throttle 1/2 way, then increase to full rpm.

There is an alignment mechanism under the right floor deck that controls the pedals. Check that first. You might want to try some lube yourself.

Hope this helps.

/ CC 2042 #5  
My PTO belt jumped off once upon deck engagement when my 2544 was new. Never did it again, but I also lower the deck before starting the blades. As far as the sticky pedal thing, it could be the gas dampening strut. There's a little strut attached to the pedal linkage (like a car lift-gate strut) that softens the pedal travel and hydro engagement between Forward-stop-reverse. Mine seems to have gotten better with age. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Joel

/ CC 2042 #6  
My PTO belt jumped off once upon deck engagement when my 2544 was new. Never did it again, but I also lower the deck before starting the blades. As far as the sticky pedal thing, it could be the gas dampening strut. There's a little strut attached to the pedal linkage (like a car lift-gate strut) that softens the pedal travel and hydro engagement between Forward-stop-reverse. Mine seems to have gotten better with age. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Joel

/ CC 2042
Last week I was mowing and the belt came off again. I put it back on and then an hour or so later the belt jumped the pulley and shredded! I called the dealer, along with a few other somewhat local dealers to get a new belt. None in stock....Hmmmmm???? This is after they had it for over a month in the spring to fix the hydro disengage lever. parts were on back order at Cub. So I told the dealer to come and get the mower....It's been a week now and no news. Maybe I should've spent the extra $1000 for a Deere??? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ CC 2042
Last week I was mowing and the belt came off again. I put it back on and then an hour or so later the belt jumped the pulley and shredded! I called the dealer, along with a few other somewhat local dealers to get a new belt. None in stock....Hmmmmm???? This is after they had it for over a month in the spring to fix the hydro disengage lever. parts were on back order at Cub. So I told the dealer to come and get the mower....It's been a week now and no news. Maybe I should've spent the extra $1000 for a Deere??? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ CC 2042 #9  
It can be one of four things as far as I see on a new machine with no mechanical wear, but I'm kind of baffled by why this problem can't be corrected quickly right at your home. Has anyone here checked the belt selection at TSC? They have many, and a measuring tool too. I'll bet my last buck there is one there, Kevlar too, that will fit these tractors.

Four things:

1. Improper (or lack of) belt tension
2. Improper belt size, too long in the case of jumping
3. Pulley misalignment (rare on new machine)
4. One of the deck spindles could be too tight or locking up

Again, this is not a difficult issue that should take weeks at the shop to correct.

-Fordlords-

/ CC 2042 #10  
It can be one of four things as far as I see on a new machine with no mechanical wear, but I'm kind of baffled by why this problem can't be corrected quickly right at your home. Has anyone here checked the belt selection at TSC? They have many, and a measuring tool too. I'll bet my last buck there is one there, Kevlar too, that will fit these tractors.

Four things:

1. Improper (or lack of) belt tension
2. Improper belt size, too long in the case of jumping
3. Pulley misalignment (rare on new machine)
4. One of the deck spindles could be too tight or locking up

Again, this is not a difficult issue that should take weeks at the shop to correct.

-Fordlords-