LT2180 Wiring issue

/ LT2180 Wiring issue #1  

magicalj

Silver Member
Tractor
[2004 LT2180] [1980 582] [1981 582] [1983 682] [1983 982]
Is there a wiring issue with the 2180? I was just mowing with the headlights on and it stopped dead in it's tracks. I ended up having to finish mowing with the headlights off, since every time I turned them on, it blew the fuse.

Also, I was wondering if it was normal for the Vangaurd to blow a bunch of smoke out of it on start up? If it's not supposed to do this I would like to have this looked at while it's on the shop.

AJ

/ LT2180 Wiring issue
Is there a wiring issue with the 2180? I was just mowing with the headlights on and it stopped dead in it's tracks. I ended up having to finish mowing with the headlights off, since every time I turned them on, it blew the fuse.

Also, I was wondering if it was normal for the Vangaurd to blow a bunch of smoke out of it on start up? If it's not supposed to do this I would like to have this looked at while it's on the shop.

AJ

/ LT2180 Wiring issue #3  
Cooked headlight wiring is super common on the 2005 and under 2K series. It's close proximity to the exhaust is the issue. As far as smoke on startup, make sure the choke is opening and make sure you are not overfull on oil.

Joel

/ LT2180 Wiring issue #4  
Cooked headlight wiring is super common on the 2005 and under 2K series. It's close proximity to the exhaust is the issue. As far as smoke on startup, make sure the choke is opening and make sure you are not overfull on oil.

Joel