Disengage parking brake motor dies

/ Disengage parking brake motor dies #1  

jman1717

This is on the z-force 44. When I start the mower and take the parking brake out of the on position the motor dies. I have looked this over and can't put my finger on it. Just thought I would see if anybody else has had this problem. Thanks. I also made a stripping kit for it, if anybody is interested. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Disengage parking brake motor dies
This is on the z-force 44. When I start the mower and take the parking brake out of the on position the motor dies. I have looked this over and can't put my finger on it. Just thought I would see if anybody else has had this problem. Thanks. I also made a stripping kit for it, if anybody is interested. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Disengage parking brake motor dies #3  
First guess would be the seat switch is bad. Jumper wire the seat switch and try again. If this doesn't work post back and I'll see if I can cause this anyother way on mine.

/ Disengage parking brake motor dies #4  
First guess would be the seat switch is bad. Jumper wire the seat switch and try again. If this doesn't work post back and I'll see if I can cause this anyother way on mine.

/ Disengage parking brake motor dies #5  
Does parking brake need to be engaged on startup? If so, check switch on parking brake.

/ Disengage parking brake motor dies #6  
Does parking brake need to be engaged on startup? If so, check switch on parking brake.

Yep. The brake has to be on to start the mower and has to be off before you can close the steering levers to go. But I can move the steering levers with the brake on and it still tries to shut off like it should. Is there away to bypass this for today so i can mow. Son has 1st birthday tomorrow and the wife will die if the grass is not mowed. Thanks for the replies I'll try the jumper for the seat switch.

Yep. The brake has to be on to start the mower and has to be off before you can close the steering levers to go. But I can move the steering levers with the brake on and it still tries to shut off like it should. Is there away to bypass this for today so i can mow. Son has 1st birthday tomorrow and the wife will die if the grass is not mowed. Thanks for the replies I'll try the jumper for the seat switch.

/ Disengage parking brake motor dies #9  
I just looked at the switch in the parts book and it says the switch is normally closed so instead of a jumper you may just have to unplug it. I'll go out now and check it out and let you know shortly.

/ Disengage parking brake motor dies #10  
I just looked at the switch in the parts book and it says the switch is normally closed so instead of a jumper you may just have to unplug it. I'll go out now and check it out and let you know shortly.