Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Disengage parking brake motor dies

This is on the z-force 44. When I start the mower and take the parking brake out of the on position the motor dies. I have looked this over and can't put my finger on it. Just thought I would see if anybody else has had this problem. Thanks. I also made a stripping kit for it, if anybody is interested. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Default Disengage parking brake motor dies

This is on the z-force 44. When I start the mower and take the parking brake out of the on position the motor dies. I have looked this over and can't put my finger on it. Just thought I would see if anybody else has had this problem. Thanks. I also made a stripping kit for it, if anybody is interested. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Default Re: Disengage parking brake motor dies

First guess would be the seat switch is bad. Jumper wire the seat switch and try again. If this doesn't work post back and I'll see if I can cause this anyother way on mine.

First guess would be the seat switch is bad. Jumper wire the seat switch and try again. If this doesn't work post back and I'll see if I can cause this anyother way on mine.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    tc- 29d

Does parking brake need to be engaged on startup? If so, check switch on parking brake.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    tc- 29d

Does parking brake need to be engaged on startup? If so, check switch on parking brake.

Yep. The brake has to be on to start the mower and has to be off before you can close the steering levers to go. But I can move the steering levers with the brake on and it still tries to shut off like it should. Is there away to bypass this for today so i can mow. Son has 1st birthday tomorrow and the wife will die if the grass is not mowed. Thanks for the replies I'll try the jumper for the seat switch.

Yep. The brake has to be on to start the mower and has to be off before you can close the steering levers to go. But I can move the steering levers with the brake on and it still tries to shut off like it should. Is there away to bypass this for today so i can mow. Son has 1st birthday tomorrow and the wife will die if the grass is not mowed. Thanks for the replies I'll try the jumper for the seat switch.

I just looked at the switch in the parts book and it says the switch is normally closed so instead of a jumper you may just have to unplug it. I'll go out now and check it out and let you know shortly.

I just looked at the switch in the parts book and it says the switch is normally closed so instead of a jumper you may just have to unplug it. I'll go out now and check it out and let you know shortly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast