Info. required for warranty work?

/ Info. required for warranty work? #1  

Sigma

Bronze Member
This may be a CC dealer question.

I purchased my ZF-50 from a dealer about an hour drive away and was told that I'd receive a warranty card in the mail in a few weeks ..... but, I didn't.

When calling the dealer back, I was told that it was registered the day of the sale and another dealer could perform warranty work.

What would I need to carry in to the local dealer to receive warranty work or parts?

I'm thinking I may have a center blade spindle issue (since it will not take grease) and wasn't sure how much trouble it would be to receive warranty parts (if needed) from the local dealer.

Thanks,
Greg

/ Info. required for warranty work?
This may be a CC dealer question.

I purchased my ZF-50 from a dealer about an hour drive away and was told that I'd receive a warranty card in the mail in a few weeks ..... but, I didn't.

When calling the dealer back, I was told that it was registered the day of the sale and another dealer could perform warranty work.

What would I need to carry in to the local dealer to receive warranty work or parts?

I'm thinking I may have a center blade spindle issue (since it will not take grease) and wasn't sure how much trouble it would be to receive warranty parts (if needed) from the local dealer.

Thanks,
Greg

/ Info. required for warranty work? #3  
Greg, I would think if you have the receipt from the place you bought it, that would be sufficient if you're taking the machine in for repairs. Now I don't know what they do now, but I bought a new Cub Cadet in 1995 and one spindle seized while it was still in warranty. Instead of hooking up the trailer and taking the whole thing 25 miles to the dealer, I just removed the defective spindle and took it to the dealer (same dealer I purchased it from). He said he couldn't warranty it unless I brought the whole thing in for them to do the repair, so I had to pay for the new spindle (it was under $20) and I figured I'd rather do that than drive 25 miles home to get it, 25 back, then have to go back later to get the machine.

It annoyed me, so I wrote a letter to Cub Cadet and they responded that the dealer was right as far as their policy, BUT that they had written him to refund my money and they'd warranty the part to him. That annoyed the dealer tremendously and I had to stop by there twice later before he grudgingly refunded my money. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Needless to say, I never bought anything else there after that.

/ Info. required for warranty work? #4  
Greg, I would think if you have the receipt from the place you bought it, that would be sufficient if you're taking the machine in for repairs. Now I don't know what they do now, but I bought a new Cub Cadet in 1995 and one spindle seized while it was still in warranty. Instead of hooking up the trailer and taking the whole thing 25 miles to the dealer, I just removed the defective spindle and took it to the dealer (same dealer I purchased it from). He said he couldn't warranty it unless I brought the whole thing in for them to do the repair, so I had to pay for the new spindle (it was under $20) and I figured I'd rather do that than drive 25 miles home to get it, 25 back, then have to go back later to get the machine.

It annoyed me, so I wrote a letter to Cub Cadet and they responded that the dealer was right as far as their policy, BUT that they had written him to refund my money and they'd warranty the part to him. That annoyed the dealer tremendously and I had to stop by there twice later before he grudgingly refunded my money. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Needless to say, I never bought anything else there after that.

/ Info. required for warranty work? #5  
What is your units serial number and I can tell you if the warranty was ever registered?

/ Info. required for warranty work? #6  
What is your units serial number and I can tell you if the warranty was ever registered?

I don't have any of that with me, but I believe it has. They faxed me a copy of something that appeared to be printout of the online form they used to register it. I'll look at it again and see exactly what it says.

I don't have any of that with me, but I believe it has. They faxed me a copy of something that appeared to be printout of the online form they used to register it. I'll look at it again and see exactly what it says.

/ Info. required for warranty work? #9  
If you brought a machine like this to our shop for warranty work, all we ask for is proof of purchase. We can verify if the unit is under warranty or not.

ANY CCC dealer can perform warranty work if you can provide them with this info. You DO NOT need to take your machine back to the dealer of purchase for a warranty fix. (it is sometimes helpful to do this though to create a machine maintenance history).

/ Info. required for warranty work? #10  
If you brought a machine like this to our shop for warranty work, all we ask for is proof of purchase. We can verify if the unit is under warranty or not.

ANY CCC dealer can perform warranty work if you can provide them with this info. You DO NOT need to take your machine back to the dealer of purchase for a warranty fix. (it is sometimes helpful to do this though to create a machine maintenance history).