modifying courage 20 v-twin

/ modifying courage 20 v-twin #1  

frogfrog

I would like to up the hp of my 20 to 25 or so(just cause :} I am almost positive the differences in the v twin courages are main jets only. I just cant find them. does anybody have a source? Thank you.

/ modifying courage 20 v-twin #2  
A source for carb jets? Grab the part #'s of a larger HP kohler command. You need more than 20hp for cutting grass?!? If that's the case, you need a bigger tractor.

Joel

/ modifying courage 20 v-twin #3  
It is true the only difference between any of the Courage twins is within the carburetors. I am researching exactly what is diffferent between the various HP carbs used on the Courage engines, it might be more than just the main jets, I'll let you know what I find out, and if the carbs can be modified. Many of the new carbs today have fixed main jets with no mixture adjustment needles, and on some the jets can't be removed or changed, (government emissions stuff) which is likely to be on the Courage carbs if you found no part numbers for the main jets.

I don't think I would waste the $150 or so to switch carbs for the few extra HP, but if its just a few bucks worth of internal carb parts and you really want to do it, why not? However, I would not try any mods if the engine is still under warranty as it will for sure void it.

-Fordlords-

/ modifying courage 20 v-twin
Thanks for the replys, please let me know what you find out. Jtkub , you are correct in that I need no more power, as a matter of fact my lt 1045 is overkill itself but I just like to tinker. I just did the idler bushing fix myself on a 1 week old mower because I didnt want to take it to the shop ( it took all of 10 minutes )

/ modifying courage 20 v-twin #5  
This gets interesting: Looks like the 20 and 23 HP Courage twins use the same KH32-853-03S carb and the 25 and 27 use the same KH32-853-04S. The overhaul kits for all the carbs use the same KH24-757-46S kit, which is what should contain the jets and thus all the jets would be identical.
If anyone figures any of this out and how they get the 4 different HP ratings, let me know!

-Fordlords-

/ modifying courage 20 v-twin #6  
Why not just put a turbo on it?

/ modifying courage 20 v-twin #8  
Now THAT was a fun video clip! I like how they stated, "Briggs rev that high." Yeah, but for how long?? With no intercooler or fan shroud and with what little oil pressure that engine makes, I bet it wouldn't take long for that puppy to seize. Can't stop watching that video though :)

-Fordlords-

/ modifying courage 20 v-twin #10  
You have to wonder what possesses people to try that sort of stuff-- I think as they mentioned, just boredom :) But any motorhead has to love watching it!

Once they finally got that mower to run off the nitrous without backfiring, and that it could handle it, is a testament to how strong some of these small engines are today. I've seen them run nitrous on Kohler K singles for pulling, but those engines have been beefed up inside.

I said it before, this site needs a forum just for small engine discussion!

-Fordlords-