Tractor
    1641 Cub Cadet

Default 1641 Battery light on

New to the forums - long time lurker - first time poster.

I have a battery light on when PTO is engaged. Had a new battery last spring. Just started this about 4 weeks ago. I've checked all the obvious. Any help is appreciated.

Does anyone know where to find a free online service manuals for this tractor? I found a site before, but had a computer crash since and lost the link.

Thanks

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    tc- 29d

Default Re: 1641 Battery light on

Just a guess here; PTO is drawing more amps than the charging system can provide. Have battery tested at an auto parts store; it is the easiest thing to rule out. ( may havea bad cell) Use a volt meter on battery and while volt meter is attached ; engage the PTO; does voltage drop off alot? This could be a PTO that only needs adjusted. Hope this will give you a start. Use an amp probe on pto and check amp draw also; check actual draw with manual.
    dqdave1; tc-29D; woods 7500 bh; 7308 fel, land pride tiller, land pride rake, gill pulverizer, 60"mmm. , bucket forks , MZ16H

Default Re: 1641 Battery light on

My 1641 did this last year and I replaced the battery but that didn't help. It turned out to be the voltage regulator.