Completely happy

/ Completely happy #1  

BiXLL

Just wanted to make a post about my little 1042. After I bought it, I came on here and was horrified at all the bad stories being told about the LTs. I have 1 acre with about 1/4 of that being of a steep grade, with length of climb about 50'. The tractor has preformed without a single problem all season, and I for 1 am very happy with the LT series. (for those considering 1)

/ Completely happy #2  
Good deal :) I used to moderate a big trucking forum, and people don't realize that things on these forums many times get back to those who manufacture equipment and it really helps them to iron out problems with the equipment that they might otherwise not know about. It's kind of like a safe, unbiased customer opinion line. I knew that the hydro slippage some CC 1000 series owners were having was not normal, as I own a 8 year old Craftsman with similar Hydro-Gear tranny that the Cubs use that climbs hills and pulls stuff just fine. Hopefully the problems with the 1000's are taken care of now.

-Fordlords-

/ Completely happy #3  
I am still of the opinion that there is generally nothing wrong with the CC 1000 series line. Sounds like there were a few folks out there who had a bad spring on the idler pulley causing excess slippage, but other than that, they do seem to be solid machines for the money and assuming you use them for their intended purpose.

A lot of people don't seem to be able to comprehend that last point. The CC 1000s are designed to be lawn tractors for cutting grass and doing some light pulling. PERIOD! It seems a lot of folks get bent out of line when their lawn tractor won't pull 800lbs of rock up a light grade...

/ Completely happy #4  
On a different note than lawn tractors, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with some information on a ZTR mower.

I am looking to buy a new Cub Cadet ZTR mower. I am leaning toward the Cub Cadet RZT 50. It has a stamped deck. I have heard mixed feelings about the decks in comparison between the RZT 50 (stamped frame) and the Z-Force (welded frame). Do you have any advice or opinions for me? Any real distinguishable differences in performance or durability between the decks? It would be much appreciated.

The RZT is about $1000 cheaper.

/ Completely happy #5  
I bought a Z-Force 50 this spring. I was looking at any ZTR when I went to the Cub dealer. I knew from the internet that the Z-Force was considered a much better machine, and I had the money, so I bought it in lieu of the RZT.

After having my Z-50 for a few months, I returned to the dealer, and then I could really see the differences between the two. I suspect the RZT would be fine, but am happy to have been able to afford the upgraded Z-Force.

I bought a CC 2180 3 years ago, though I had read bad things about CC products on other forums. The price, features and dealer were right for me, so I went ahead and bought it. 3 years down the road, not one problem. Great machine, hoping the same from my ZTR.