7000 series. How many hours do you have?

/ 7000 series. How many hours do you have? #1  

MDM

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L2800HST
Hi,

It is my understanding that some of the older 7000 series tractors were made by Mitsubishi. Now Mahindra has since picked up the old Mitsubishi/Cub line in their 15 series. I was just wondering if you guys with the 7000 series tractors were happy with them. How many hours do you have on your 7000 series tractor? Is it a reliable set up? I'm considering a 15 series Mahindra and was wondering what kind of logevity I can expect.

Thanks guys.

/ 7000 series. How many hours do you have? #2  
Unfortunately, Mahindra did not pick up my model. :mad:
I have a 2000 7360 with 300 hours on it. I love it. I work it hard and it always delivers. I would love to have an alternative place to go for stuff like filters.

/ 7000 series. How many hours do you have? #3  
I have a Cub 7532. 140 hours. The tractors great, but the filters are crazy expensive.

/ 7000 series. How many hours do you have? #4  
I have a 1995 7275 27hp Hydro with 2760 +- hours on it. I bought it used in March of 2004 with 2250 hours on it if I recall correctly. So far so good. I have had a few problems with it. The starter bendix has been a thorn in my side. I need to fix that item. I had a problem with loose loader bolts. That was cured by installing longer bolts and putting LocTite on them. I also rebuilt one side of the front axle because a wheel bearing left go. at the same time I replaced the front axle pivot pin and bushings. I honestly don't know what I would do without it now.

/ 7000 series. How many hours do you have? #5  
I have a 1997 Cub 7272 27hp gear drive with a 476 loader and just ordered a new woods BH-70x hoe (subframe mount) for it. It has 420 hours on it and runs great. The only thing I regret is not having 4wd but it has rear differential. The problems I have had have been electrical. Cub put all the saftey switches in series with the starter solenoid so if any contact is a little dirty then the tractor will just 'click' and not start. I installed a relay now that accepts the 'dirty' contact 12v signal which will still trigger the relay as low as 4vdc. When the relay fires it then sends a direct 12vdc signal from the battery to the starter solenoid. I did this 2 years ago and it starts every time now.

Jerry

/ 7000 series. How many hours do you have? #6  
I have a 7360 also, it has 120 hours. There is a small oil leak near the pto shaft but other than that it has been a real nice tractor.

/ 7000 series. How many hours do you have? #7  
With only 120 hours , you shouldn't have any leaks.

/ 7000 series. How many hours do you have? #9  
I bought a 7230 in 1996 from a now out of business dealership. From the moment I bought it I had nothing but trouble with it. It had a Woods made belly mount mower that was constantly breaking down with a severe design flaw. The front plate of the gear box would leak gear oil. I would check it and all would be O.K. Then when you were not paying attention the plate would vibrate loose and all of the oil would be lost. $500 later and a new gear box you would be back in business. This happened two times. The bolts on the left side of the frame worked loose and several were lost. I had a time aligning the frame holes to place the bolts in. This Mitsu was a piece of junk. In contrast I have a 2072 Stretch Cub Cadet with a Kohler engine. What a jewel. This baby has over 1080 hours on it with hard use. I take care of all of my toys, and this tractor is my favorite. I have a Hustler zero turn, but I still perfer the Cub Cadet. What a fantastic ride, smooth and comfortable. It was a sorry day when MTD bought them out in 1983. The quality of these machines has been in a freefall for the worse since that day.

/ 7000 series. How many hours do you have? #10  
I read this the other day but didn't have time to respond and couldn't remember my hours. I have a 1996/7, 7234, 4WD, 23HP, w/FEL, w/turf tires (the large size tires same as 727X series) and it has 222 hours on it. Excellent tractor and I would buy another one in a heart beat, I'd just get "a little" more HP and probably a Hydro. The comments you got from bart2ndson I think are fairly rare. I'm not sure what a 7230 is, I'm familiar with and have the manuals for 719X series, 7232, 7234, 7235, and the 727X series as well. The tractor is tough, fairly heavy, and has done about everything I wanted it to do, and probably more. I've tried not to abuse it but have not been afraid to use it for what it was designed for. There have been some problems with frame/engine bolts loosing if the operator didn't monitor them and some serious damage can occur. I have never had a problem with mine, checked them every so often, but I have never found them loose. This is the same as the 15 series Mahindras. I've looked at them and the frame looks essentially the same but the motors are 26 and 30 HP. I can't remember if the 28 and 32 HP Mahindra is the same frame or not but I know it has a little different front end and I think differential as well. I would say pound for pound in the same size tractors, it is just as good as a NH, JD, or Kubota. My thoughts anyway. Rozett's right though, expensive filters!