Leaf pick-up attachment

/ Leaf pick-up attachment #1  

bouvier

Leaf pick-up time ...... almost

I have a 2550 that I would like to use to pick up leaves this fall and cones in spring. Which attachment would you recommend ..... the regular bagger or the vacuum unit. The area I cut is about 3.5 acres so I just disperse the cut during normal mowing. There are several large Maples that dump a lot of leaves and in the spring 5 giant Norway Spruce, that drop a ton of cones.

Recommendations?

Bouvier

/ Leaf pick-up attachment #2  
Hands Down The Vacum! 3.5 acres of leafs and cones. your going to need something dependable and do the job right,and you be doing it more than once,but don't get me wrong a bagger works great ,but with a 50'' deck it will not do as a good of a job as a 42'' deck! which I have no problem picking up leafs and cones and needles.on 2 acres.I might be wrong about the 50 inch,but I think right on this one this is where the 42" out shines the other decks except the 38"

/ Leaf pick-up attachment #3  
bouvier said:

I have a 2550 that I would like to use to pick up leaves this fall and cones in spring. Which attachment would you recommend ..... the regular bagger or the vacuum unit. The area I cut is about 3.5 acres so I just disperse the cut during normal mowing. There are several large Maples that dump a lot of leaves and in the spring 5 giant Norway Spruce, that drop a ton of cones.

Recommendations?

Bouvier
A tow behind self powered Trac-Vac inhaling the output of your MMM. The storage trailer is tapered so when dumped the stuff slides right out.
Larry

/ Leaf pick-up attachment #4  
bouvier said:

Recommendations?

Bouvier

Here are two very good machines which I've been looking into for my own use:

DR Power Leaf and Vac

DR® Power Equipment - LLV - Models & Prices - Dual

Cyclone Rake

Features of The Cyclone Rake, the most powerful lawn vacuums in the industry: from Woodland Power Products of West Haven, Connecticut USA

Hope this helps!

/ Leaf pick-up attachment #5  
SPYDERLK said:
A tow behind self powered Trac-Vac inhaling the output of your MMM. The storage trailer is tapered so when dumped the stuff slides right out.

If you watch ebay and keep your eyes open you might be able to pickup a good deal on one - about a month ago I picked up an older but almost new condition Model 880 for just over $1K - which is about $1400 less than what they go for new.

/ Leaf pick-up attachment
Thanks for the info on the tow-behind attachments. I think they are a bit to much for my needs and $$. Anyone use the triple bagger to pick up leaves and cones?

Bouvier

/ Leaf pick-up attachment #7  
i have had the DR Leaf and lawn vac for three years. I still cant be leave how great it works, and how much it holds.