Default cub cadet 2150 losing power to back wheels

I have a cub cadet model 2150 with the gear drive system the mower does not have hydrostatic drive after about 15 minutes of mowing i lose power to the back wheels the engine and blades have plenty of power but the mower slows down and cannot go up even a slight incline any help will be greatly appreciated thanks.

Default Re: cub cadet 2150 losing power to back wheels

Possibly a clutch problem? That unit has internal friction discs that can wear out. I have a 2165 and put a 2160 rear end into it. It uses separate friction discs for forward and reverse gears. The driveshaft bolts to the clutch assembly which looks alot like the hydro pump that I use to have.

Tractor
    2004 Cub Cadet 2180

Default Re: cub cadet 2150 losing power to back wheels

If that is the Autogear drive, many use the go pedal as a hydrostatic and burn up the clutches. I was told that you've got to mash it and use the gears for controlling your speed. I also heard that new clutches were reasonable and better made now, so that is what I would try.
    2004 Cub Cadet 2180
    Run it Wide Open or Don't run it at all.