stalling cub

/ stalling cub #1  

S Thompson

Ihave a 7305 with 3 cy mitsubishi. After you use it a short time it cuts off like you turn the switch off. If try to restart ,it starts and shuts off again. If i let it sit for awhile it will start and run fine. This problem is sporadic. I think im hearing a clicking sound when it shuts down. Any suggestions?
Thanks
S Thompson

/ stalling cub #2  
I'm not familiar with the tractor but for diesel engines in general, it sounds like the fuel shutoff solenoid may be closing. It could be due to a failure of the solenoid itself (coil opening up when hot) or something opening the circuit to the solenoid. If you can find the solenoid and attach a meter to it you can see if the battery voltage is still present when the tractor shuts off. If it is, the solenoid is bad. If it isn't, something is opening in the circuit to the solenoid (safety switches, loose connection etc.).

Bob B.

/ stalling cub
Thanks, for the info. I will try this in the next couple of days.
S Thompson

/ stalling cub
Also I tried to use they tractor before I read your message for bushhoging. It did its normal thing and it would not rev over 900 rpm. Could that switch close half way not letting enough fuel through? I checked the normal stuff,fuel filter,....
Thanks
S Thompson

/ stalling cub #5  
Injectors may need bled; or it is sucking air in fuel system somewhere; tighten all clamps, etc.