New toy, M-60 "tank" ZTR.

/ New toy, M-60 "tank" ZTR. #1  

JSUnlimited

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland
Well, I finally struck a deal with the local dealer and took delivery of a new M-60 "tank" mower. I went with the 27hp kohler engine.

Fortunately, I still had some grass to mow before the cold weather hit and I am very impressed.

The operators station/control is very comfortable and the Kohler engine offers plenty of power. I was impressed with the cut/striping quality even at high ground speeds. What normally took me 3-4 hours to mow, I was able to finish in just over an hour with much better results.

Here's a pic of one off the CC site. I try and get some pics of mine when I get a chance.

Attachments

• 53BB5GFX750_prod_lg.jpg
    53BB5GFX750_prod_lg.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,047
   / New toy, M-60 "tank" ZTR. #2  
Nice mower. I have a friend who bought one at the beginning of last year just like yours. Even though it may not be a real complaint, his only complaint so far is that that 27 hp Kohler is extremely thirsty in his words. I guess there could be worse issues. :) Good luck with your new toy..er, um, mower. :D

/ New toy, M-60 "tank" ZTR. #3  
You know, that looks like something from a Stephen King Novel :)

And I think that's cool!

Just make sure it doesn't say "Hadley-Watson" on the name plate :)

Only true Stephen King fans will get that LOL

-Larry

/ New toy, M-60 "tank" ZTR.
Here is some pics!

Attachments

• 104_3392 (Medium).jpg
    104_3392 (Medium).jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 2,666
  • 104_3394 (Medium).jpg
    104_3394 (Medium).jpg
    86 KB · Views: 1,290
  • 104_3393 (Medium).jpg
    104_3393 (Medium).jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 734
  • 104_3389 (Medium).jpg
    104_3389 (Medium).jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 744
   / New toy, M-60 "tank" ZTR.
And, it will be put to work around here this spring. I never thought I would be looking forward to mowing next year!

BTW, my retaining wall caps are not done yet and yes that was a brush pile burning in the background!

Attachments

• 104_3395 (Medium).jpg
    104_3395 (Medium).jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 748
  • 104_3400 (Small).jpg
    104_3400 (Small).jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 655
  • 104_3401 (Small).jpg
    104_3401 (Small).jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 693
   / New toy, M-60 "tank" ZTR. #6  
BTW, my retaining wall caps are not done yet and yes that was a brush pile burning in the background!

Nice mower!! Why do they call it a "tank"? Aren't tanks usually tracked vehicles? Also, I think you should have placed a comma after the word "yes" and it should be "is" a brush pile burning. It is easy to see the smoke which means it is still burning. Did you check your local fire laws concerning open burning? I just don't want you to get in trouble. Keep your chin up Mega!!

/ New toy, M-60 "tank" ZTR. #7  
Actually, Mr. Firewalker, if you want to be precise on correct grammar, there should be a comma both before and after "yes". I'm not trying to be the grammar police here, but it is my understanding that this site is for the exchange of thoughts, views, ideas and experiences with tractors. None of which require a degree in English. And, yes, I do have a degree in English. It's simply not important on this site and I don't let a little incorrect grammar or incorrect spelling bother me unless it’s so bad that the post is difficult to understand.

/ New toy, M-60 "tank" ZTR. #8  
Dargo, unless I read it the wrong way I think Firewalker was kidding about the grammar and "is" or "was" burning comment.

That's quite a mower! It might scare your neighbors to see you heading toward them in that machine. You have a beautiful lot, how much area total do you mow?

/ New toy, M-60 "tank" ZTR. #9  
Mega,

Wow, what a beautiful piece of property.
It doesn't get much better than southern Ohio for some beautiful scenery!

I've thought about a ZTR but I consider the mowing somewhat therapeutic and don't really want to shorten that "quality" time.

But, I'm only mowing about two acres, in about two hours with the 5252.
And I gotta admit it's less enjoyable at the end of the season than the beginning!

Good luck with your new toy, it's only 104 days till spring!

Curt

/ New toy, M-60 "tank" ZTR. #10  
Dave01 said:
Dargo, unless I read it the wrong way I think Firewalker was kidding about the grammar and "is" or "was" burning comment.

It wuz caus it wuz during werk ours ahn mah brain wuz in werk mode ahn not aftuh ours mode. :)