Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Case-International 385, Kubota L5450 w/LA1150A loader

Default WOW!! What a difference

I bought a 585 hr 2165 last spring from a local person who bought it new in '98.
    It's real clean, only needed a few maintenance items like tires and deck wheels. Not knowing when the hydro fluid was changed I went ahead and bought fluid and a filter. I thought 600 hrs would be easy to remember as a time to change, so I waited until the clock rolled over on 600 hrs. I changed it a couple of weeks ago and it has set in the garage until I needed to mulch some leaves. I could not believe how much the new fluid changed the characteristics of the foot valve. With the old fluid the tractor would continue to creep forward when I removed my foot from the pedal and reverse seemed to have a hard spot to pass before the tractor would back up. With the new oil it works SOOOO smooth. Why didn't I do this a long time ago? I think I put about $70 in the fluid and filter, but boy! is it worth it.

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

Default Re: WOW!! What a difference

Quote Originally Posted by geneP
    I bought a 585 hr 2165 last spring from a local person who bought it new in '98.
    It's real clean, only needed a few maintenance items like tires and deck wheels. Not knowing when the hydro fluid was changed I went ahead and bought fluid and a filter. I thought 600 hrs would be easy to remember as a time to change, so I waited until the clock rolled over on 600 hrs. I changed it a couple of weeks ago and it has set in the garage until I needed to mulch some leaves. I could not believe how much the new fluid changed the characteristics of the foot valve. With the old fluid the tractor would continue to creep forward when I removed my foot from the pedal and reverse seemed to have a hard spot to pass before the tractor would back up. With the new oil it works SOOOO smooth. Why didn't I do this a long time ago? I think I put about $70 in the fluid and filter, but boy! is it worth it.
    Do you have any attachments for it?
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

Platinum Member
    Tractor

Just the mower deck.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    tc- 29d

If it made such a big difference, you may want to consider changing just the filter again in about 50 hours since there seemed to be alot of contamination in the hydro unit. New fluid should not be needed, but check the condition of fluid when ready to change filter to make sure.
    dqdave1; tc-29D; woods 7500 bh; 7308 fel, land pride tiller, land pride rake, gill pulverizer, 60"mmm. , bucket forks , MZ16H

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046

Evening geneP.
    Yup,just the little things can make big difference...regular pming will save $$'s down the road.

Platinum Member
    Tractor

When I bought the fluid I was concerned that I was sold the wrong type because the part number has changed since my manual was printed. Bermuda Ken confirmed I had the correct fluid, the synthetic blend.

I'm now wondering if it had the incorrect fluid in it when I bought it. The person I bought it from was meticulous about his maintenance so I feel like it had been changed at least once although I didn't ask him. Looks are sometimes decieving, but the old fluid didn't look dirty.