Slow LT1050 fix

/ Slow LT1050 fix #1  

Killowatthr

Tractor
4500 Ford backhoe Kubota B3030
I purchased a CC LT1050 last week. The mower was 1 yr. old with 40 hours.
The mower was real slow when moving. I thought it may be the idler pulley spring. So, I removed the deck to check. The belt was tight. I began actuating the hydro pedal and noticed the problem. There was too much play in the control rod. The pedal would move 1"-2" before engaging the hydro. I noticed the main problem was how the 3/8 ferrule was attached to the pedal. There was too much play between the cotter pin and pedal. I added a washer between the pin and pedal to eliminate "slop". I also turned the ferrule two rounds to the rear,to make the control rod tighter. The end result is more pedal response and speed. I had the opportunity to try a new LT1050 and with this "fix" my tractor feels more responsive than the new tractor.
Anyway, I thought this may help others with the same problem.

/ Slow LT1050 fix #2  
You might want to submit your idea to Cub. They came up with some fixes of their own for slow 1000's last year, I believe a different pulley and spring, but your fix sounds better :)
-Fordlords-

/ Slow LT1050 fix
Thanks and I will try to send this to CC. I think most of the tractors sold at the box stores have set up problems. This tractor also had a deck level problem. The front of the deck was set 2" lower than the rear. This caused the deck wheels to wear prematurely. From the posts I read on the forum,most problems derive from improper setup.

/ Slow LT1050 fix #4  
I just went out and did your fix. It made a heck of an improvement in the response of the tractor. Thanks for sharing this.

/ Slow LT1050 fix #5  
I am starting to wonder if this is the case for my LT1050. It goes forward but really slow but it does seem to go in reverse pretty good. It is at the shop right now and since I live in the middle of nowhere, the wait time is an amazing 5 weeks. If I bought my mower from the shop that fixes it, it would have been only 3 days which I think is a bunch of crap. I think I am going to go pick up my mower and check this fix out. My question is if it seems to go slow forward but a decent speed in reverse, could there be something wrong with my transmission or the pedal adjustment? Thanks