Buying Advice advice needed

/ advice needed #1  

q man

Just put 4 hours on new 3200 CC with 60 inch mower deck. Would like to disconnect the safety switches that won't let you mow in reverse. Pluse the one that shuts the mower off when the operator is not in seat. Any information on how to deactivate these bother some features would be helpful.

/ advice needed #2  
I deactivated the seat switch on my 5252 last year. All that had to be done was unplug the connector under the seat and then take a piece of wire to close the circuit on the end running back to the tractor. I would imagine the set up is the same on your 3000.

I can't speak to the reverse switch, I had mow in reverse. you don't?

/ advice needed #3  
You can mow in reverse with the key in the proper slot. Is this what you are trying to defeat?

/ advice needed #4  
My 3200 has a ignition switch position for mowing in reverse, you may want to check yours out before you make any changes. As for getting off and not having the tractor shut down, if you set the park brake and get off the engine will remain running.

Tom

/ advice needed #5  
I did the same as Mike, jumpered the seat switch with a piece of wire and taped it up.

I wonder if the brake set would allow me to get off the tractor with the engine running. Probably not because I have a very tempermental brake pedal, you have to search for just the right spot to engage the starter. It was in the shop for that problem last year and the inability to hold throttle. That and the transmission recall.

It's in the shop again for the same issues, my last warranty work! I hope their new fix for the throttle takes care of that issue.

Curt

/ advice needed #6  
Like Mike says, you can probably jump the seat switch connector to defeat it. For the mow in reverse thing, crawl underneath to locate the paddle on the rev pedal linkage that actuates the pin switch that kills the PTO. Just move/bend/reposition the paddle so it never hits the pin switch. I'm not an advocate of defeating safety systems, but it's your to do as you wish!

Joel

/ advice needed #7  
I posted a schematic and description for the 2542 a ways back. Its probably the same or similar to yours. You can search for the posts I made to find it.
charlie in vt

/ advice needed #8  
If the key switch feature is not on your tractor you may try the following suggestion.

Follow the reverse pedal linkage under the tractor. There is a switch that can be unpluged to disable the "cut off" feature. I did this on my '04 3204.

Alan

/ advice needed #9  
I was curious as to why anyone would want to disconnect the safety switch that shuts the mower off when leaving the seat? I know it's a pain at times but it is there for a reason. Accidents do happen and I would like to keep all my fingers and toes.
I never really understood the mow in reverse thing? I guess somewhere along the line some foolish operator didn't look when he/she backed up and killed somebody and then the company got the blame for it.

Michael

/ advice needed #10  
micman32 said:
I was curious as to why anyone would want to disconnect the safety switch that shuts the mower off when leaving the seat? I know it's a pain at times but it is there for a reason. Accidents do happen and I would like to keep all my fingers and toes.
I never really understood the mow in reverse thing? I guess somewhere along the line some foolish operator didn't look when he/she backed up and killed somebody and then the company got the blame for it.

Michael

I'm with you, no need to have the blades moving when dismounted, so I never disconnected this feature. Mowing in reverse was never an issue with me, but with the 2180 I have to reset the knob each time I backup, however, with my ZForce, it stops when reversing, but starts right back up when going forward, saving a small aggravation.