when did MTD join in?

/ when did MTD join in? #11  
The tractors themselves that are at the dealers and the box stores are the same units, although ones purchased from a reputable dealer often are set up better and properly, which sometimes is not the case at the box stores. Only Cub 1000 and 1500 series LT's are sold through box stores.
-Fordlords-

/ when did MTD join in? #12  
CitrusNorth said:
Question. 1*Is a box store the same as a dealer.
I got a LT 1046 from a Cub dealer, not HomeDepot or box store.

1*Would they both not be the same?.
The tractors would be the same but that's where it stops.
The Box stores don't have trained mechanics like the dealers do.
These trained mechanics assemble the unit check it all out and make all the adjustments.
At the box store your tractor is slapped together by some part time pimply faced kid working his way through high school.
For the same dollar who would you rather trust your tractor with?

/ when did MTD join in? #13  
ducati996, Fordlords, LBrown59

Thank You for your quick replies. I did get it from a dealer. I hope I didn't get the screw's.

I wish I had found this site earlier and read an asked the Q's. Ive owned more lawn mowers than car's.

I guess buying a lawn mower is like buying a car, Your going to get screwed.

I should have bought a goat they eat grass and keep it short. at least I can eat it in the fall, and they don't break down as often.

I hear that goats will even eat cans, and fertilize your lawn. It's a automower no gas, oil, maintance and a free meal. Does your Cub have that.

/ when did MTD join in? #14  
But the problem with goat meat is... it doesn't taste very good!

I hope your dealer didn't say to you his 1046 tractor was different than the box store ones. That would be a lie. An honest dealer should not be shy to sell you on the real scoop- it will only help their business if they know what they are doing.

One thing that gets me is how sound the International Harvester Cub Cadet designs were. And those machines were all designed on paper, long before the days of high powered computers and CAD. I ran in to one fellow who attends a lot of the classic Cub Cadet shows who owns quite a few of the Cub Cadet Original (CCO) prototype tractors. International REALLY ran all their designs through the paces before introducing a new tractor model to the public. Maybe this is where MTD gets impatient, relying too much on what is on a computer screen and what component suppliers say their components WILL do as opposed to what they actually CAN do. A little more field testing would easily show where their tractors have room for quality improvement before they are sold to the masses.

-Fordlords-

/ when did MTD join in? #15  
CitrusNorth said:
ducati996, Fordlords, LBrown59

Thank You for your quick replies. I did get it from a dealer. I hope I didn't get the screw's.

I wish I had found this site earlier and read an asked the Q's. Ive owned more lawn mowers than car's.

1*I guess buying a lawn mower is like buying a car, Your going to get screwed.
3*I should have bought a goat they eat grass and keep it short. at least I can eat it in the fall, and they don't break down as often.

I hear that goats will even eat cans, and fertilize your lawn. It's a automower no gas, oil, maintance and a free meal. Does your Cub have that.
1*Except more complicated!
3*But watch out for the vet bill.

/ when did MTD join in? #16  
Okay Guy's Thanks to the postings I understand the difference between the box store and dealer. The dealer I got my 1046 from, was okay.

Never told me any difference or tried to sell me something better than what was sold at a box store.

My only reget is that I wish I had found this site before I bought the lt1046.. (Not that I reget in buying it.)

It's the lack of not knowing, That's what makes this site great! The posting are from members that know or has owned the product.

Consumers Reports is good, But it's people like you that makes it better..