Johnny Bucket

/ Johnny Bucket #1  

CitrusNorth

Tractor
Cub Cadet Lt 1046
I'm thinking about getting a Johnny Bucket for a Lt 1046.. I could use some feed Back. Thanks

/ Johnny Bucket #2  
If you're just going to haul things like mulch and stuff, then go for it. It's a great product. But if you're going to try digging or doing anything stressful like that then don't. Your transmission won't hold up to that kind of use.

/ Johnny Bucket #4  
I have a johnny bucket on a 2042 and love it. Like the other reply, it is great for moving mulch and stuff, but not for serious digging. I spread 10 yards of mulch in 1 weekend by myself without breaking a sweat (try that with a shovel and wheel barrow). You do need some weight in the rear to keep the back tires from spinning.

/ Johnny Bucket
How would this work on moving a load of top soil or gravel that was brought in by a dump truck. (Not being hard pack.)

/ Johnny Bucket #6  
CitrusNorth said:
How would this work on moving a load of top soil or gravel that was brought in by a dump truck. (Not being hard pack.)

Not well with a 1000 series machine. They are not intended for use with a JB. The steering and transaxle will not take the abuse. You need to go 2542+ for a JB in my opinion.

Joel

/ Johnny Bucket
I received some very good postings and recommendations. Although I still went ahead and ordered the Johnny Bucket Jr. for use on the LT-1046.

I do have a small bulldozer for the heavy pushing so I'm not to worried about the overload on the Lt-1046.

I will give this a personal rating here and on my Web site.

/ Johnny Bucket #8  
I will be waiting anxiously for your results. I am very interested also in the Johhny Bucket for my 1046

/ Johnny Bucket
LBrown59. Thanks for your postings. I agree the Johnny plow is a nice looking product and apprears to work very well from viewing the vid's.

After mailing the company and asking question's they suggested the Johnny Bucket would fit my need's better.

James Rogers.. Thank You for your posting and interest. The company plans to ship the Bucket out in the middle of this week.
I do plan to use the Bucket with caution as suggested by the members that made postings on this topic.

I also made my first grass cutting with the Lt 1046. And it was very sweet.

I will post follow up's on this topic within the next few weeks. CN