Mowing Z Force Mower -- Tries to die w/ blades engaged.

/ Z Force Mower -- Tries to die w/ blades engaged. #1  

mcarson

My Z Force 44 tries to die when blades are engaged. Not always, just when I turn left too fast or accelerate too fast. Could this be due to battery failure? ( I have to jump start it) Or could it be a clogged fuel filter? Or maybe saftey switch malfunction? I have looked at wires and found some connectors not plugged in but c/n see where they might hook up.

/ Z Force Mower -- Tries to die w/ blades engaged. #2  
The first place I'd look is the seat switch. The switch is normally closed and grounds out the ignition if the parking brake is off. When you sit down it opens. How old is your Z?

/ Z Force Mower -- Tries to die w/ blades engaged.
The mower is 2 years old. I looked at the seat switch and it appears to be functioning properly. It only acts up on when I turn hard left or accelerate too fast. Otherwise it operates great. I hope it there is nothing wrong in the hydro-controls.

/ Z Force Mower -- Tries to die w/ blades engaged. #4  
Check for loose wires at ignition switch. I would repalce battery or at least have it checked. Sounds like a loose wire or a wire that has rubbed thru and is making contact when turning left.

/ Z Force Mower -- Tries to die w/ blades engaged. #5  
something similar happened on my 2165 a few weeks ago. It would almost die when I turned right. I finished cutting grass and went to the shop to look for the problem. When I got there it would start up and run for two seconds, consistently. It ended up being the connection at the ignition switch that opened the kill selonoid in the carb. I cleaned the connection and no problems since.

/ Z Force Mower -- Tries to die w/ blades engaged.
The problem with my Z force was the battery. I replace it and it works great, mowed all day Saturday - no problems. Thanks for all the help. I did check all safety switches to no avail, but I at least have clean dry switches now.
New problem that someone may have a solution.
How do you keep the deck clean and clear of grass & dirt collecting on the underside? I sometimes have to stop and clean it 2 or 3 times while mowing. I mower about 3 acres. I wish I could invent something that would prevent grass and dirt from sticking to bottom side of deck - maybe I would be a millionaire. Any advise or ideas would be appreciated.