Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Cub Cadet 2518

Default How's your winter?

How's everyone enjoying this winter? Here in N.E. Ohio we have had our share of snow and ice. I don't have a blade or snow blower so I have been using my dad's Ventrac to clear my drive.
    You guys that have blades. DO they work well? It would be nice (at least for me) if I had one.

Michael
    2003 Cub Cadet 2518 w/ 44 inch Deck
    Triple Bagger

Default Re: How's your winter?

We've had a few good storms in SE CT, at least 3 worthy of plowing. It's been fun so far, and what's nice is we aren't even 1/2 way through winter yet.

My plow has been working great, and so has the flap. Haven't been able to get stuck yet, even when plowing paths in my yard through about 10-11" of snow. I've been trying, but my little CC just seems to really like snow.
    2006 Cub 2544 w/plow

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

Lightbulb Re: How's your winter?

Not any good
    I hain't never seen a good winter.
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

Tractor
    cub cadet gt2550 john deere 50

We have had well over 100in. snow so far. Have been using blower regularly.
    Would really like to have a cab.

Big John 1 picture by aratapuss - Photobucket
    Big John 2 picture by aratapuss - Photobucket

Been a long winter in NE Indiana. Good year for ice skating though. Glad I have the new snowthrower, makes clearing the pond doable.

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

Exclamation Re: How's your winter?

Quote Originally Posted by wesk View Post
    We have had well over 100 inof snow so far. Have been using blower regularly.
    1*. Would really like to have a cab.
    1*No Cab on the BX is making me want to stay in the house instead of plowing the snow off my driveway.
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

Tractor
    Cub Cadet 682

I have a 42" blower for my Cub, although I haven't mounted or used it for a number of years and won't likely use it again since moving from western New York to Erie, PA. The main reason is although it's good on straightaways it is just too big to maneuver around things and not really useable on walkways or sidewalks. In my older years of laziness it's also sort of a PITA to remove the mower and mule drive and mount the blower, weights and chains. It did a good job, but I just don't want to bother with it anymore.

I got a 24" Ariens walk behind blower this fall, and it's been eating up some of the worst snowfall I have ever seen in this area so far, and is really easy to swing around things. I even use it in the back yard (yes, over the grass) to cut a runaround for the dog as she would be totally buried right now in the snow- something I would not likely be able to do with the big Cub blower. I think the little Ariens would end up up being faster and doing a more complete job with it's small size and ease of maneuvering at my current house. So all considered, this winter is going smoothly for me here

-Fordlords-
    1980 Cub Cadet 682 with 18 HP Honda GX V-Twin engine
    2008 Ariens 624 Snowblower
    2007 Craftsman by MTD 4 Cycle Weedwacker

Check out my TBN photo gallery for B4 and after pix of my CC 682 Restoration! http://www.tractorbynet.com/photos/s...cat/500/page/1

Tractor
    Cub Yanmar EX3200

Not so good in central ND. Sixty inches of snow so far. Lots of wind. Supposed to blow about 50 mph today. I have a EX 3200 with rear blade and front end loader. It has done a good job for me. I finally ran out of room to put snow so I had a payloader come in and he spent about 5 hours digging us out. Life is good though. Warm house, heated shop, good kids.

Tractor
    Yanmar LX4900//Cub 7532//Cub Yanmar SC2400

Very interesting weather here in Detroit area.....very cold for extended periods of time, and LOTS of snow this year. I had my GT 3200 with blower (both nearly new) ready to go this fall, when my neighbor wanted to upgrade from his older JD, and kept inquiring about my Cub......so I sold it to him. He just retired from Chrysler, and has been very busy blowing snow in our subdivision....it's a race to see who can get to the snow first, but he always beats me!
    I've got a blower and a blade for my 5000 series, and for some reason really like the blade more. I can scrape the snow closer to the pavement, and move it faster....and if I get a huge snowfall I guess I could use the blower. (Haven't needed it yet!) The front hitch setup on the 5000 (and 6000) Cubs is fantastic - just like a delta hitch. I can switch from blade to blower in a few minutes.
    I've owned blades and blowers on a 1782, 2000, 3000, and 5000 series Cubs.....guess in my old age I'm getting spoiled, cause I really like the power lift and angle. I do have a soft cab and heater, but haven't had time to install it.
    As Fordlord stated, the older Cubs took awhile to dismount the mule drive and attach the blade/blower. The 3000 and 5000 series are sooo easy.....
    Just bought some property in Ohio, and driveway will be LONG.....so finally get a chance to really test the equipment in the future.
    However, I'm currently at work across the pond, and the temp is ALWAYS 80+......I have the A/C running in my room 24/7!

Tig
    Tractor
    Kubota, B7100HST-D

Pretty good. We have plenty of snow and the fish are biting. What more can you ask for?
    Steve

The best things in life are not things.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast