Silver Member
    Tractor
    Cub Cadet 3184

Default OR-BILT Loader on CUB CADET

Has anyone been able to modify an OR-BILT loader to fit on a 2500 CUB? I have a 2544 it looks like they put these on some small deere's, so I would think it comes with a hydraulics pump and everything.

Lawn Garden Tractor Loader John Deere OR-Bilt

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Cub Cadet 3184

Default Re: OR-BILT Loader on CUB CADET

My local dealer has a 330 John deere for sale which the OR-BILT loader will work on. I have been doing some reading and the 330 sounds like a pretty solid mower. Anyone have any info related to a 330?

Would it be worth trading my Cub 2544 straight across for a 330 John Deere. It does have 3 cylinder Yamar Diesel in it too.

Tractor
    Cub Cadet Z-Force 44

Evan, 300 series JD's are excellent machines. Your Cub 2544 is a great machine. If you REALLY need a machine with true front loader capability IMO, you're better off buying it that way off the floor. Keep in mind you can get a diesel 4x4 Kioti or Mahindra with a FEL for ~$12K with wicked financing deals to boot.

Joel
    Tractors of the past:
    2010 Cub Cadet Z-Force 44 fab
    2005 Cub Cadet 2544
    1979 Case 220
    2003 Yard Machines 17hp 42" transmatic (crap-matic)

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Cub Cadet 3184

That would be the way to go, but my wife would kill me

Tractor
    Cub Cadet Z-Force 44

Bahh.. Just break her down with a mototonous pattern of moping and dispair. Maybe throw in the benefits of "Look at all we can do with it around the house.. for your mother, sister, etc..." and my personal favorite: "Saftey doesn't cost, it pays". You can do it. Look at this! $9999 w/ free shipping!! FREE SHIPPING — NorTrac EPA-IV Tractor with Ag Tires and Front End Loader — 20 HP | 20 HP | Northern Tool + Equipment A 1500lb capacity on the loader as well.

Joel
    Tractors of the past:
    2005 Cub Cadet 2544
    1979 Case 220

I'd be very wary of putting a loader on something that small. It's just not made for it. Even the 330. It's a great garden tractor and certainly heavier duty than your Cub Cadet. Even still, a loader can put tremendous stress on your frame and front axle. Much more than the carrying capacity of the bucket. It is a big lever after all. Resist the temptation.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Cub Cadet 3184

Quote Originally Posted by mc25a View Post
    I'd be very wary of putting a loader on something that small. It's just not made for it. Even the 330. It's a great garden tractor and certainly heavier duty than your Cub Cadet. Even still, a loader can put tremendous stress on your frame and front axle. Much more than the carrying capacity of the bucket. It is a big lever after all. Resist the temptation.
    What about the Johnny Bucket? Would that be too much for a 2544 front ent?

Thanks

Tractor
    Cub Cadet Z-Force 44

Johnny Buckets are a cool attachment and probably great for certain applications like moving mulch, etc, but I question their overall usefulness given their high cost. The 2544 is a strong machine, but they do have weak spots like any piece of equipment. For example, I snapped the lower steering shaft and split the steering gear case open on my 2544 trying to horse the front end of the machine out of a rut (front wheel fell in a rut). There was no weight on the tractor at all at the time. There are some really skilled people on these boards that custom crafted FELs for small lawn/garden tractors. With money and/or resources, anything can be done. IMO, for a truly useful FEL, you need it bolted to a compact utility tractor or larger.

Joel
    Tractors of the past:
    2005 Cub Cadet 2544
    1979 Case 220