Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default fuse problem on cub cadet 2550

I am new here, just bought a 2005 Cub Cadet 2550. I am having a heck of a time with the 25 amp fuse blowing. I have replaced it 12 times already and it keeps blowing, sometimes right after I install a new one. Any suggestions would be great.

Banned
    Tractor
    jd4100, Cub Cadet 3204 & Cub 125

Default Re: fuse problem on cub cadet 2550

I would have got tired after the first one...you have a short somewhere, and I think your dealer should find it for you...

Electrical problems can be the most difficult to find...

Duc

Tractor
    Cub 2523

Agree with Ducati. But, the first place I would check is the wiring going to the lights on the right side (I think). It comes WAY too close to the muffler and the insulation WILL melt.

BTW - I have a question posted to the Cub Customer service website on this. Am anxiously waiting for a reply! Im my opinion this should be a recall type issue.

Ed

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Jinma 284

what does the fuse control?Lights, starter?,charging?

Well sure enough, by the front headlight down by the exhaust, the wire is burnt through. Do I need a new wiring harness? You would think that this would have been addressed by Cub Cadet.

Tractor
    Cub Cadet Z-Force 44

Like Ed says, some of the wiring has routing issues on the 2500 series, and has to be addressed as insulation will melt near hot spots on the engine and exhaust (headlights, main wire loom, etc..). I'm with Duc, send her back to the dealer. That's unacceptable having problems like this on a brand-new GT.
    G/luck
    Joel

I am taking it in tomorrow. I am extremely frustrated with Cub Cadet. I stardet with a RZT 44 that kept throwing the drive belt. Then went to a SLT 1554 that overheated. Now this, I was told that the 2500 series were great. I have 2 acres and a couple of hills. First day mowing with the 2550 was great. Today sucked. Thank the good Lord for a warranty. Has anyone else had this kind of trouble with Cubs?

Banned
    Tractor
    jd4100, Cub Cadet 3204 & Cub 125

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Has anyone else had this kind of trouble with Cubs? )</font>

Thankfully No.....

Tractor
    CC2544

Go back about 3 pages and read my post dated 5/16/05. These so far have been the fuse blower in my case. Also take a look at the front right headlight where the bulb plugs in. Mine has been distorted from excess heat from the cross exhaust pipe. I fabricated and added a 10"x2" double stack heat shield to stop that problem. Haven't had anymore probems since. Jerry

Tractor
    cub cadet 2550

I have the same problem with my Cub 2550! I will check the wiring tomorrow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast