Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    2008 McCormick CT55U, 1949 Cub, 1966 Farmall 504, Ford 550 baqckhoe,

Default Re: Cub Air Filter

The "fan" creates a vortex to insure the air flow is moving around the entire filter. Clean it and re-use! We have successfully altered filters to fit our applications. From your description the filters should seat well and with modification will secure just fine. The kubota's larger diameter is a plus as it creates more surface area to keep longer service life.

As long as the micron rating is the same you should have no probelm. If the filter was to fine the Cub Cadet's gas engine (less vaccum) will run rich on you; I tend to doubt you will have a problem, though. Good luck!

Silver Member

Those Kubbota filters work perfectly. I have been using them in my 7205 for several years now.

The Donaldson P535362 replaces the 15741-11080 and we sell it for $31.46 online. If you purchased a couple at a time you would reduce your shipping costs and save some money. Just a thought.

Tracy

Tractor
    ingersol 3018

Quote Originally Posted by MajMac392 View Post
    We've all complained about the price of filters, this is about the air filter on my 7234 and I think the same one was on the 727X series as well. I called the closest dealer the other day and he gracefully quoted me a price of $88.00 for the filter. I didn't call any others, there aren't many in the my area. I then went to work crossing the CC number: MA-10310511200 to a Wix #46387 and Donaldson P526801 numbers. What was neat about the Donaldson site it also gave the various pieces of equipment it fit, kubota 1550 and 1750 were a couple. Next I called the Kubota dealer and they had one for $22.51. I just picked one up and it looks almost identical to the CC only you can see from the air slots, the replacement has diamonded slots for the air and the original had round holes. I know we go round and round about using OEM products but I would find it hard to believe that Kubota thinks less of their engine filtration systems than Cub does. For the difference in money I'll use these now that I know the numbers. I believe it is a Donaldson filter, Made in USA, Wix also had one but it was about $10 more from NAPA.
    I have 2 Dealer New Old Stock MA-10310511200 Filters in Box
    If someone wants OEM Will sell $40 each
    chuckstlou@gmail.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12