6000 & 7000 Service Advisory

/ 6000 & 7000 Service Advisory #1  

jnelson

Silver Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet 6284
Owners of 6000 and 7000 series Cubs will want to take note of this service advisory from Cub (see attached images). In a service bulletin dated April 11, 2007 CC recommends the installation of part number CC-566 Reverse Flow Filter Housing Assembly and using CC hydraulic filter #723-3071. The CC-566 part is to provide proper direction of oil flow through the filter element. Note that the handwritten note on the first image regarding the use of filter number 723-3071 is consistent with information provided to me in March of this year during a phone conversation with a CC factory rep.

This bulletin applies to all units built before January 29, 2007 (1A297G and prior). If your dealer did not catch this in performing maintenance, or if you provide your own maintenance, then you will want to check this on your tractor. Considering that there has been references to hydraulic issues both here and on other sites I think this is something you will want to do ASAP.

I hope this information is helpful to 6000 & 7000 owners in keeping their machines running good.

JN

Attachments

• Hydraulic filter bulletin & update.jpg
    Hydraulic filter bulletin & update.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 614
  • Hydraulic filter bulletin & update2.jpg
    Hydraulic filter bulletin & update2.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 481
  • Hydraulic filter bulletin & update3.jpg
    Hydraulic filter bulletin & update3.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 429
   / 6000 & 7000 Service Advisory #2  
JN, did you purchase this flow reversing block and filter for your 6284 cub cadet tractor? If so was there a problem that you were needing to address that caused you to make the change?

I recently purchased a used 6284 cub with 250 hr. on it. At about the 300 hr. mark it started to slow down in forward and reverse. I changed the hydro-static fluid and filter hoping that would help but it has not. It barely moves 2 miles an hr. in high range. I did not know about this service advisory at the time I changed oil and filter so I did not upgrade. I don't know if it has this upgrade or not. Do you think it would address the problem? My serial #1L205G40006 is a Dec. 2005 model. Any thoughts??

sfuchs

/ 6000 & 7000 Service Advisory #3  
Is your tractor 2007 or older? The Service Bulletin is dated April 11, 2007 so newer tractors should have the fix.

Bob B.

/ 6000 & 7000 Service Advisory #4  
Bob,
Judging by the serial number was built in December. of 2005. I spoke with the local cub dealer about the reverse flow block upgrade. From his description of what the flow block looks like, it appears that I have the upgrade flow block on my tractor. He described it as about a one inch thick by three inch dia. spacer that would not be on the trans. case if not for the upgrade. He did say I have the wrong filter on it however.
He also said to make sure all the fw/rv linkage components are in good shape and fasteners tight. Weekend work!!

Steve F