Hydraulic top link cylinder

/ Hydraulic top link cylinder #1  

millwrightdude

Silver Member
I would like to add a hydraulic top link to my C50. Where are some good places to buy them on line?

/ Hydraulic top link cylinder #3  
I searched around a little recently and ordered one from CCM a couple days ago.

/ Hydraulic top link cylinder #5  
Another source: Agri-supply.com

/ Hydraulic top link cylinder #6  
rural2 said:
I searched around a little recently and ordered one from CCM a couple days ago.

I've been using mine for a few weeks now. Getting the threads sealed is important - don't go cheap with the teflon tape. Cylindar works like a champ - exactly what I needed.

-Brian

/ Hydraulic top link cylinder #7  
Brian, thanks for the heads up on the tape.
Appreciate it,
Chris

/ Hydraulic top link cylinder #8  
NEVER use teflon tape on hydraulics. Never use teflon tape on hydraulics. It works OK on the first use, but can later end up floating around your system and blocking a valve or port, especially if you rework anything. Most manufacturers will not warrantee hydraulic components if teflon tape has been used. Instead use a pipe dope made for hydraulics, some have teflon added to the compound. Sorry to preach to you guys, most of us have heard this before, but it looked like it needed to be added again here...

/ Hydraulic top link cylinder #9  
jimgerken said:
NEVER use teflon tape on hydraulics. ... Sorry to preach to you guys, most of us have heard this before, but it looked like it needed to be added again here...

Preaching appreciated! I bought a can of TFPE-based pipe thread sealer and it works great. My dealer made the same suggestion/demand

:)

-Brian

/ Hydraulic top link cylinder #10  
jimgerken said:
NEVER use teflon tape on hydraulics. Never use teflon tape on hydraulics. It works OK on the first use, but can later end up floating around your system and blocking a valve or port, especially if you rework anything. Most manufacturers will not warrantee hydraulic components if teflon tape has been used. Instead use a pipe dope made for hydraulics, some have teflon added to the compound. Sorry to preach to you guys, most of us have heard this before, but it looked like it needed to be added again here...

This thread sealing compound is what I use now.