A different bucket hook question

/ A different bucket hook question #11  
I went with bolt on slip hooks because I didn't have a welder and frequently prefer to use ropes rather than chain. Hooks, nuts, bolts, & washers are from TSC & banjo links are from Bailey's:

IMG_2590.jpg
IMG_2591.jpg
IMG_2592.jpg

-Jim

/ A different bucket hook question #12  
I went with bolt on slip hooks because I didn't have a welder and frequently prefer to use ropes rather than chain. Hooks, nuts, bolts, & washers are from TSC & banjo links are from Bailey's:

View attachment 206293
View attachment 206294
View attachment 206295

-Jim

That's a good combo, using the banjo link, I have one of those also.
Your set up is good for rope, chain, sling, and cable

Just remember for anything heavy you need to use both hooks so you don't put to much load on just one side of loader/tractor.

I just bought some of those same hooks from HF they came with the fasteners, but also a spring steel keeper that closes off the hook so something put on the hook wouldn't fall out.

Haven't decided what to do with the hooks yet.

JB

/ A different bucket hook question #13  
I used two bolt-on Shackle mounts, i.e. HD Eyes.
Now I can use shackles, hooks, or anything else that mounts with a bolt and is space to fit.
I have a sling that mounts to the two mounting points with shackles and come together for a single lifting point.
Also, I reinforced under the Shackle Mounts, inside of the bucket, with シ Plate larger than the Shackle Mount foot print, just to be on the safe side.

Sorry, no pics but working on it; working on it !

/ A different bucket hook question #14  
one in the center is worth two on the sides ...and a lot safer ...

/ A different bucket hook question #15  
I also prefer the slip hook to the grab hook. I like to use ropes to pick up small light stuff and I have some nice nylon chokers that are great for corner posts, and I also use them for picking up my mower decks. To me the slip hooks give you more options. I have a short chain with big links and I can put any link over my hook. I then can attach another chain to the end of the short one when I do use chains. I only have one hook on my bucket and it is in the very center.