Kubota 3030 Factory Cab Stereo

/ Kubota 3030 Factory Cab Stereo #1  
Has anyone installed a stereo in their Kubota cab? I would love the directions so I could install an aftermarket unit. If no-one has them I'm going to takle the project anyway. Doesn't seem like it should be too hard.

/ Kubota 3030 Factory Cab Stereo #2  
mike@watervillegenealogy. said:
Has anyone installed a stereo in their Kubota cab? I would love the directions so I could install an aftermarket unit. If no-one has them I'm going to takle the project anyway. Doesn't seem like it should be too hard.
Installing a stereo would indeed be easy. For additional ideas and thought starters, look in the ATV section here. Somone has pics of a new stereo in the cab of their new ATV 1100. Pretty slick.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/atvs-utility-vehicles/103308-sereo-1100-a.html

Last edited:
   / Kubota 3030 Factory Cab Stereo
Yup, should be easy. Finally found a picture of the factrory install and it uses an under dash mounting kit on the ceiling. I was looking for instructions to see where in the headliner they put it, but now I know their installation is not that sophisticated. I think I'll just mount same as in the picture and use a headphone connection instead of pictures. After all, the driver is the only 1 listening. Clean and simple.

/ Kubota 3030 Factory Cab Stereo #4  
Yup, should be easy. Finally found a picture of the factrory install and it uses an under dash mounting kit on the ceiling. I was looking for instructions to see where in the headliner they put it, but now I know their installation is not that sophisticated. I think I'll just mount same as in the picture and use a headphone connection instead of pictures. After all, the driver is the only 1 listening. Clean and simple.
Post the picture please? :)

/ Kubota 3030 Factory Cab Stereo #5  

On my L4610 HSTC, the speaker wires were already there. Also, removing about a dozen screws, lets the cab top raise up. The radio I purchased had a plastic covered antenna and since I could not keep the antenna on another tractor, I decided to try just laying this antenna inside the overhead cavity. That was about 5 years ago. So far, so good.

/ Kubota 3030 Factory Cab Stereo #6  
I worked for a several companies over the years that forbid radios in their vehicles. The reasons were simple, and completely centered on the machinery owners opinons. Just thought I would post those reasons as they do have a valid point.
Machinery wears out, even new stuff. If you catch a bearing when it first starts making a slight noise, and attend to it, you may save a shaft, or even a complete unit. Repair costs and down time can be reduced if the offending bearing is noticed early on. Operating a machine that costs as much as some of the tractors you guys own is a major responsibility so consider that when you turn up the volume or add earphones to your stereo to be used on the tractor. Plus also consider that other people may use your tractor from time to time and those funny noises that it makes may be hidden behind some of Lynyrd Skynyrd's best.
The incident that comes to mind was the twenty of so steel posts left in a FEL that one members wife accidently mowed with a bush hog and reported a strange noise coming from the mower. Just think if she had turned the radio on and didn't hear those noises, she might not have ever mentioned it to her hubby and he would have assumed someone stole his posts and left him a pile of scrap metal.
Point is, consider all the angles when you reach for the volume/on/off button, as there may be costs involved that are truly hidden costs, but since it is your equipment, use it as you deem proper.
David from jax

/ Kubota 3030 Factory Cab Stereo #7  
Mike, I'm sorry.. I didn"t spot your question earlier... If you have insalled you radio already, great. If not, I have the installation instructions sheets, and manual. I will scan and send if you want Frank