fixed draw bar with a top link

/ fixed draw bar with a top link #1  

gladehound

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti DS4510HS, Exmark Laser Z, Kioti LB1914
I have a little ol' Kioti LB1914 and it didn't have a drawbar. I wanted to move some trailers with decent tongue weight and I've read on this site that it's not impossible to break the cast iron axle housing on a tractor (not specifically an LB1914, any tractor) with too much tongue weight on the fixed drawbar. I Drilled, cut, and bolted up this creation to handle all my trailer towing needs, It's fixed so that it can't rise up on me, it's close to the axle so the front shouldn't get too light, and it has a top link to keep big tongue weight from prying the draw bar mount off the bottom of the cast iron axle housing. Check out the pics!:p

Attachments

• fixed hitch top link.JPG
    fixed hitch top link.JPG
    529.8 KB · Views: 1,253
  • links down.JPG
    links down.JPG
    548.6 KB · Views: 919
  • Links up.JPG
    Links up.JPG
    546 KB · Views: 746
  • bottom Mount bolts.JPG
    bottom Mount bolts.JPG
    485.3 KB · Views: 768
   / fixed draw bar with a top link #2  
gladehound said:
I have a little ol' Kioti LB1914 and it didn't have a drawbar. I wanted to move some trailers with decent tongue weight and I've read on this site that it's not impossible to break the cast iron axle housing on a tractor (not specifically an LB1914, any tractor) with too much tongue weight on the fixed drawbar. I Drilled, cut, and bolted up this creation to handle all my trailer towing needs, It's fixed so that it can't rise up on me, it's close to the axle so the front shouldn't get too light, and it has a top link to keep big tongue weight from prying the draw bar mount off the bottom of the cast iron axle housing. Check out the pics!:p

ingenious Ron!!!, Need is always mother of invention. Great job and a simple design:) :)

JC,

/ fixed draw bar with a top link #4  
Smart build with the toplink...

/ fixed draw bar with a top link #5  
Evenin Ron,
Very nice ! Ingenious idea youve got just using some scrap !!!

My buddy has a LB1914 and I will be sure to tell him about that setup ! :)

/ fixed draw bar with a top link #6  
actually some larger deere tractors use a design simular to that to help remove some of the strain on the draw bar they use this on the large tracked machines etc i think you guys that want to do this you should look up and see if you can find any pics also on the farm i worked on when we would hook the grain cart to a smaller tractor we were worried about the same problem what we made was a piece of bar stock about the same size of the drawbar and drilled a hole through it and pinned it under the draw bar and welded chains that went up to the three point arms that were exacly the right length that with them bolted to the three point arms with the arms all the way up there was just a little tension on the chains well that is my .02

brett