Tractor
    Kioti DS4510HS, Exmark Laser Z, Kioti LB1914

Default fixed draw bar with a top link

I have a little ol' Kioti LB1914 and it didn't have a drawbar. I wanted to move some trailers with decent tongue weight and I've read on this site that it's not impossible to break the cast iron axle housing on a tractor (not specifically an LB1914, any tractor) with too much tongue weight on the fixed drawbar. I Drilled, cut, and bolted up this creation to handle all my trailer towing needs, It's fixed so that it can't rise up on me, it's close to the axle so the front shouldn't get too light, and it has a top link to keep big tongue weight from prying the draw bar mount off the bottom of the cast iron axle housing. Check out the pics!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ron
    2004 Kioti LB1914 w/ FEL
    2013 Kioti DS4510HS w/ FEL
    2010 Exmark Lazer Z 52"

Tractor
    Ford 1700, Kubota MX-4700

Default Re: fixed draw bar with a top link

Quote Originally Posted by gladehound
    I have a little ol' Kioti LB1914 and it didn't have a drawbar. I wanted to move some trailers with decent tongue weight and I've read on this site that it's not impossible to break the cast iron axle housing on a tractor (not specifically an LB1914, any tractor) with too much tongue weight on the fixed drawbar. I Drilled, cut, and bolted up this creation to handle all my trailer towing needs, It's fixed so that it can't rise up on me, it's close to the axle so the front shouldn't get too light, and it has a top link to keep big tongue weight from prying the draw bar mount off the bottom of the cast iron axle housing. Check out the pics!

ingenious Ron!!!, Need is always mother of invention. Great job and a simple design

JC,
    Ford 1700, 2wd.
    Kubota MX-4700DT, Gear transmission with LA 884 loader, Q/A and HD bucket.
    60" Woods Rotary Cutter, home made (3-pt boom and a Row Hipper) ,King Kutter( 5 ft Tiller,Middle Buster,Single Row Cultivator,Carry-all, 5 ft blade, 6 ft Landscaping Rake ,30" Dirt Scoop and a 4'x4' Drag Harrow)

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK25

Ron, I like that, may have to make one myself.

Tractor
    JD 5225, JD 555B

Smart build with the toplink...

Tractor
    1986 MF 1040, 1942 Farmall A, 1949 Farmall Super A

Evenin Ron,
    Very nice ! Ingenious idea youve got just using some scrap !!!

My buddy has a LB1914 and I will be sure to tell him about that setup !
    scotty

,,,course,,it is gas,and gas is,,well,gas,,so,,but it kills the @#$$ oughta them yellow jackets,,,thingy

http://www.tractorbynet.com/content/...onth-scott_vt/

Tractor
    none as of now

actually some larger deere tractors use a design simular to that to help remove some of the strain on the draw bar they use this on the large tracked machines etc i think you guys that want to do this you should look up and see if you can find any pics also on the farm i worked on when we would hook the grain cart to a smaller tractor we were worried about the same problem what we made was a piece of bar stock about the same size of the drawbar and drilled a hole through it and pinned it under the draw bar and welded chains that went up to the three point arms that were exacly the right length that with them bolted to the three point arms with the arms all the way up there was just a little tension on the chains well that is my .02

brett