Deere Front Blade

/ Deere Front Blade #1  

Northstar9126

Bronze Member
I have been following the thread by SkunkWerx about putting a blade on the front of his Kubota. I would like to do the same on my Deere 4300. What is holding me up is how to attatch the blade mount to the middle of the tractor. If anybody has a front mounted blade, either factory made or do-it-yourself, on a similar sized Deere please post a few pictures of your set up. I am hoping to steal your desighn. Thanks.

/ Deere Front Blade #2  
The factory blade, #74, has a subframe the attached to brackets that mount where the loader mounts are now.

If you log into JDParts and search "74" you should see it-and I will attach the picture...

There is an old post around also from someone that had a Meyers plow on a 4300 or 4310, I will try to find it for you.

Attachments

• 74 Frame.gif
    74 Frame.gif
    22.7 KB · Views: 633
   / Deere Front Blade #3  
Northstar:
I did some searching...
User "BeenThere" put a 7' Western plow on his 4300.

There are some pictures in THIS thread, but a lot of the post's about it are so old I am having trouble getting the links to work.

Hope this helps some...

/ Deere Front Blade #4  
Northstar, here's what I did with my 2520. I fab'd a bracket which I welded to a Meyers 6ft blade. The bracket allows the Meyers blade to now function as a stock JD blade, attaching to the JD 4-way hydraulic quick hitch. It works great.

Attachments

• IMG_0140.jpg
    IMG_0140.jpg
    514.6 KB · Views: 602
  • IMG_0143.jpg
    IMG_0143.jpg
    595.2 KB · Views: 467
  • IMG_0146.jpg
    IMG_0146.jpg
    609.8 KB · Views: 520
  • img_0145 (4).jpg
    img_0145 (4).jpg
    450.1 KB · Views: 410
  • IMG_0161.jpg
    IMG_0161.jpg
    428.9 KB · Views: 423
   / Deere Front Blade
Thanks guys for taking the time to help. Both set-ups look excellent. My concern is the amount of stress that they would put on the front end of the tractor should I manage to hit something solid while plowing. The factory plow under carridge looks to attatch on the front and further back on the tractor, which would spread the shock stress out should I hit something. What I think I will have to do is fab up something that does attatch to the front then goes under the front axle back to the mounts for the loader. I don't really like that plan because the plow mount will be so close to the ground but I guess that if I am getting the snow out of the way clearance may not be that big of an issue. Thanks again guys.

/ Deere Front Blade #6  
Northstar, member Manitou has a JD model 74 front blade I think he is willing to sell. I don't know if the price and logistics will work for you,but it might be worth checking into.

Sincerely, Dirt

/ Deere Front Blade #7  
Northstar9126 said:
I have been following the thread by SkunkWerx about putting a blade on the front of his Kubota. I would like to do the same on my Deere 4300. What is holding me up is how to attatch the blade mount to the middle of the tractor. If anybody has a front mounted blade, either factory made or do-it-yourself, on a similar sized Deere please post a few pictures of your set up. I am hoping to steal your desighn. Thanks.

Northstar,

When I bought my Kubota I also bought a rear blade with the intent to use it for snow. My sore neck soon made me realize that it needed to be in front. I decided to use the loader for this purpose to minimize the cost. I was a lucky newbie at the time and purchased a Land Pride rear blade which had several advantages in making this conversion. It also allows me to put the blade back on the rear 3 point when I need to. All that was needed initially was some rectangular steel stock to make the cross bar between the loader arms. The following year after getting tired of manually changing blade angle I was able to do that hydraulically. This is a good time to express my thanks to Mad Referee for his help back then. Hopefully the pictures may give you some ideas. And before I receive comments back let me say that I've used this setup for 4 years now and plowed snow here in Michigan up to 6 foot high piles with no problems of stress on the loader arms.

Attachments

• Kubota front blade1.jpg
    Kubota front blade1.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 578
  • Kubota angle cylinder1.jpg
    Kubota angle cylinder1.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 430
   / Deere Front Blade #8  
Northstar9126 said:
Thanks guys for taking the time to help. Both set-ups look excellent. My concern is the amount of stress that they would put on the front end of the tractor should I manage to hit something solid while plowing. The factory plow under carridge looks to attatch on the front and further back on the tractor, which would spread the shock stress out should I hit something. What I think I will have to do is fab up something that does attatch to the front then goes under the front axle back to the mounts for the loader. I don't really like that plan because the plow mount will be so close to the ground but I guess that if I am getting the snow out of the way clearance may not be that big of an issue. Thanks again guys.

As far as "My concern is the amount of stress that they would put on the front end of the tractor should I manage to hit something solid while plowing." Remember that is what the trip springs are for.

Have you looked around for a JD blade? I found my #380 locally for $400.00. The older ones can be had cheaply because it was a PITA to change from the blade to the plow.

/ Deere Front Blade #9  
zmansmac said:
Northstar,

When I bought my Kubota I also bought a rear blade with the intent to use it for snow. My sore neck soon made me realize that it needed to be in front. I decided to use the loader for this purpose to minimize the cost. I was a lucky newbie at the time and purchased a Land Pride rear blade which had several advantages in making this conversion. It also allows me to put the blade back on the rear 3 point when I need to. All that was needed initially was some rectangular steel stock to make the cross bar between the loader arms. The following year after getting tired of manually changing blade angle I was able to do that hydraulically. This is a good time to express my thanks to Mad Referee for his help back then. Hopefully the pictures may give you some ideas. And before I receive comments back let me say that I've used this setup for 4 years now and plowed snow here in Michigan up to 6 foot high piles with no problems of stress on the loader arms.

The simplicity of your design is very nice, indeed!!

/ Deere Front Blade #10  
Northstar9126 said:
Northstar....... I have a series "74" blade with all the mounting gear forsale very reasonable. The only problem is I live on Manitoulin Island. PM me if anybody is interested. Garry