Folding ROPS

/ Folding ROPS #1  

BackwoodsMan

Tractor
Kubota L2900
My Kubota L2900 is near perfect except for the roll over bar which is 1 inch higher than my garage opening. I removed the bar last fall when I purchased the tractor and have been thinking of options to get it back on the tractor. Rather than shortening it, I would prefer to make it a foldable ROPS. Is anyone aware of available hardware for converting this ROPS? I would prefer to purchase rather than fabricate.

/ Folding ROPS #2  
There are tons of posts about modifying rops. use the search option any you can read for days.
I will give you the quick run down, do not modify your rops. If you do modify your rops do not tell anyone especially on here, because you will really catch a lot of grief.
Do your self a big favor, and post that you changed your mind a.s.a.p. :D

/ Folding ROPS #4  
   / Folding ROPS #5  
I think I posted to that other thread on this subject. I will try to be more helpful this time. Hopefully, we can stay focused on the question asked.

No, I don't know of any hardware to convert it.

I do know however, that my factory one is just 1/4" plate, 2 steel tubes, a grade 5 bolt, and a low cost hitch pin.

I would be willing to provide as-built drawings and photos of mine if you decide to take it to a fabricator.

/ Folding ROPS
Thanks for all the advice on modifying ROPS. I am thinking it may be easier to modify my garage to gain the extra inch. It is a pole building with gravel floor.