Page 1 of 24 123411 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Mahindra 2615 Gear FEL

Default My Harbor Freight Quick Hitch

It's been discussed and discussed I know. Just wanted to share the pictures. 97214-3VGA (27.5 inside clearence - NOT the 93691-1VGA which is 26.5) was on sale for 69.99. 9.99 shipping and I used a online coupon for a 10.00 gift card.

Drilled out the holes on the J-hook for quick release pins so I don't have to use bolts. Three of my implements will work sweet as delivered with the hook. The used allied snowblower does not meet quick hitch ASAE specifications so I bought the optional adapter bracket for it (I think it was 8.99). Bought a few cat 2 bushings from Agri Supply because the lower implement pins will fit much better with cat 2 bushings.

Pretty easy and cheap solution. I haven't hooked it up yet, but, my tape measure tells me it will work fine.

Regards
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0430-jpg   -img_0431-jpg   -img_0432-jpg   -img_0433-jpg  
    Last edited by whiteh2o; 04-07-2008 at 08:20 PM.

Tractor
    DK45S(Cab)

Default Re: My Harbor Freight Quick Hitch

does that hitch work on cat2? i am needing a way to get cat 2 for the lower pins
    DK45 CAB kioti 72" RFM, sundown 72" BB, kioti BH, RAD B74 Snowblower, NH 478, 495 Mower & Conditioner, NH 271 Bailer, Oliver 565 plow, not quite as decreped gehl cart

Tractor
    Yanmar YM240, YM186D, and another YM186D

Quote Originally Posted by whiteh2o
    97214-3VGA (27.5 inside clearence - NOT the 93691-1VGA which is 26.5)
    How did you discover there are two sizes? I think this is the first we've heard about the wide one.

Tractor
    Mahindra 2615 Gear FEL

I am using cat 2 bushings on the cat 1 pins (see pics). Pics of the cat 2 bushing over the cat 1 pin and the cat 1 bushing and pin on the lower lift J bracket. The top link pin hole is probably not big enough for a cat 2 pin, but, got a drill bit?

I searched HF and typed in 3-point in the search field. Two hitches came up. One was 89.99 and the other was 69.99 on sale. I was unsure which one I needed. I saw all the posts about having to spread the lower section for clearences. I measured my implements (3 of which are new) and 27.5 was perfect. By measuring all my implements (still unsure on the older Allied snowblower) pin to top link was 15". Perfect. I saw a post on ASAE specifications from lower pin to upper link and if I remember correctly it was 15".

The Howse blade I have was a little to narrow for the HF supplied hook. I just unbolted it, spread it a little and put one of the cat 2 busings over the bolt and bingo. Hook goes in fine. The cat 2 bushing is wider then the blade bushing. The mower and box blade were already setup for a quick hitch. The bushings are .69 a piece.

If all else fails, the adaptor will work fine as far as I can tell.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0434-jpg   -img_0435-jpg   -img_0436-jpg  

Tractor
    Mahindra 2615 Gear FEL

One more for the heck of it. Not an exact measurement, but, close enough for visual purposes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0437-jpg  

Tractor
    Kubota Grand L 5740, loaded R1's w/642 lbs cast weight, 854 loader

dadgummit!!

I have the one that is 26.5 inches and I had to spread it. I didn't know there were two sizes. I spread mine with a jack but it still won't fit a few of my tools.

27.5 is what a quick hitch is supposed to be for cat 1.

I think I'll just go get another one.
    KK 72" tiller Rears SPF 72 inch Flail, FL960 knives, Cammond BS72E 6 foot BB,
    HF Quick hitch, RBT3584 rear blade.
    assorted two and 4 row diamond bar equipment, all junky.
    20 ft Big Tex 70CH
    Maxey 14000# 16'x83" GN dump trailer
    Oliver 6241 3 bottom rollover moldboard plow
    A plowing video here.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdEStYYl1Ts
    I like straight furrows
    1960 model 102 Ford 14 inch two bottom rollover plow on my little L3240

Tractor
    Mahindra 2615 Gear FEL

If you grind off the 90 degree lips on the top of the bolt holes you can leave the adapter bracket on at all time (it swings clear over from side to side) and just remove the J hook with the pins if needed. I'll probably get a long bolt to keep it from bouncing on top of the J hook.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0438-jpg   -img_0439-jpg   -img_0440-jpg   -img_0441-jpg  

Gold Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 2210

Nice!!! I like that upper link and drilling out for pins!

I bought mine over a year ago and they only listed one at the time, Oh well!!

Dan
    "My tractors do not make up for my lack of manhood, but rather make up for my lack of childhood"

-JD 2210, 200CX FEL, 52" MMM, and some addtions
    -78 Case 446
    -80ish 12 HP Workhorse

Tractor
    Mahindra 2015HST & Mitsubish R1500

Quote Originally Posted by excelagator
    Nice!!! I like that upper link and drilling out for pins!

I bought mine over a year ago and they only listed one at the time, Oh well!!

Dan
    Ditto on the kudos. I also bought mine a year or so ago, and have since welded, painted, ground, spread and torched it.

I guess I'll drill it and spread it a little more.

Tractor
    Mahindra 2615 Gear FEL

The holes don't have to be drilled much, just opened up a bit. Just use a 1/2" bit. Those are 1/2" receiver pins.

Page 1 of 24 123411 ... LastLast