Bro-Tek Wheel Spacers

/ Bro-Tek Wheel Spacers #1  

sailnseagulls

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX23
I have a BX23 and like many other owners, I have come very close to tipping it over on a few occasions. Lately, it seems that I do about 95 percent of work with my backhoe off. I do have wheel weights on, but have not filled the tires because the manual says I shouldn't with the backhoe. I decided to try the new Bro-Tek wheel spacers to see if they would give me more stability.
I received them yesterday and Richard was very good to do business with. I was pleased with the quality as these are machined to fit the tractor. To install, you use the original bolts to secure the spacer which has lugs and new lugnuts to secure the wheel. I then re-installed my wheel weights.
The spacers add about 2" per side for a total of about 4" extra stance. It doesn't change the whole look of the tractor, but you can definately see the wider stance. I took a rough measurement of about 48" from outside tire to outside tire, so the tracks should still be covered by the boxblade or rake. I have not had a chance to try the stabilty out, but hopefully every bit helps.
Larry

/ Bro-Tek Wheel Spacers #2  
sailnseagulls said:
I have a BX23 and like many other owners, I have come very close to tipping it over on a few occasions. Lately, it seems that I do about 95 percent of work with my backhoe off. I do have wheel weights on, but have not filled the tires because the manual says I shouldn't with the backhoe. I decided to try the new Bro-Tek wheel spacers to see if they would give me more stability.
I received them yesterday and Richard was very good to do business with. I was pleased with the quality as these are machined to fit the tractor. To install, you use the original bolts to secure the spacer which has lugs and new lugnuts to secure the wheel. I then re-installed my wheel weights.
The spacers add about 2" per side for a total of about 4" extra stance. It doesn't change the whole look of the tractor, but you can definately see the wider stance. I took a rough measurement of about 48" from outside tire to outside tire, so the tracks should still be covered by the boxblade or rake. I have not had a chance to try the stabilty out, but hopefully every bit helps.
Larry

Hi, see my post here about my Markham toothbar...I also bought the spacers fro Richard at BroTek...can't wait to put them on...yes every little bit should help with these little "tippy" workhorse BX's...:D
Oh, by the way, what is the torque specs for bolting the spacers onto the tractor and for the wheels as well, if you don't mind my asking?

/ Bro-Tek Wheel Spacers
The manual says 80-96 ft. lbs for the rears. Richard did not supply any other directions, so I used about the same torque.
Larry

I just looked at your toothbar post. I also should tell you that you will need a thin walled socket to fit the holes in the spacer. I first tried a heavy duty socket from my airgun and it wouldn't fit inside. I installed the front and rear skidplate last year from BroTek and it was an easy install and great insurance.

/ Bro-Tek Wheel Spacers #4  
sailnseagulls said:
The manual says 80-96 ft. lbs for the rears. Richard did not supply any other directions, so I used about the same torque.
Larry

I just looked at your toothbar post. I also should tell you that you will need a thin walled socket to fit the holes in the spacer. I first tried a heavy duty socket from my airgun and it wouldn't fit inside. I installed the front and rear skidplate last year from BroTek and it was an easy install and great insurance.

Great...thanks for the info...!

/ Bro-Tek Wheel Spacers #5  
I tried the Bro-Tek web page, but they did not have any information on their wheel spacers. What was the price?
I could sur use them on my BX2200
jimc

/ Bro-Tek Wheel Spacers #6  
We definitely need pics of this.

/ Bro-Tek Wheel Spacers #7  
JimC said:
I tried the Bro-Tek web page, but they did not have any information on their wheel spacers. What was the price?
I could sur use them on my BX2200
jimc

Hi...I bought the as part of a combo so your best bet is to email Richard and he will get back to you quickly. I wouldn't want to give you the wrong price.
Here's his email address:

richard@bro-tek.biz

/ Bro-Tek Wheel Spacers #8  

Attachments

• WHEEL SPACERS OFF-ON.jpg
    WHEEL SPACERS OFF-ON.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 4,931