Curtis cab wiper blade

/ Curtis cab wiper blade #1  

irwin

Veteran Member
Tractor
2004 Kubota L35TLB, '89' Cub Cadet 1541
Okay, My new to me Kubota L35 has a Curtis cab, the problem is it's missing the wiper blade. The arm is there, I'm sure the wiper motor works, the previous owner wrapped tape over the arm end and there is a mark on the windshield where the tape moved in it's arc.

Not having any luck locally, well truthfully my time is limited and I've only visited one Curtis cab distributor. I did order a replacement, but wasn't able to see one or even a picture of one.

Does anyone have a picture of a wiper blade for this? What is so different from a car wiper blade?

Thanks in advance.............

/ Curtis cab wiper blade #2  
Not farmiliar with them personally, but logic would dictate that they use a standard automotive wiper..... albiet, probably a short one. I'd pull the arm and bring it to a good auto parts store. And i don't mean an AutoZone type of place where they can only punch your make, model,year, engine size, etc. into the computer !!:eek: :eek: Worst case scenario..... unless i'm mistaken, Curtis is right in Worcester,Ma. You could always call them direct and pay four times too much........

/ Curtis cab wiper blade
Hello Ductape,

Well you'd think so, but the end of the arm is unlike any car/truck wiper arm I've seen (been in auto repair since early eighties) I'll try to post a picture tomorrow. It's got a largish flat round part at the very end where the blade would logically attach... no car wiper like that that I know of.

It's possible I'm missing a mounting piece that attaches to the arm and a normal blade might attach to this hypothetical part. Well without a picture or seeing it I'm just quessing.

I ordered a new blade (for way too much money) but the young guy couldn't find a picture, but I stood next to him when he ordered one for me and I made him ask if anything else was needed to attach it to the arm, apparently they said no. I've been in parts and service long enough to believe it when I see it.

/ Curtis cab wiper blade #4  
Irwin,
Its really strange that Curtis would use something not readily available. At that point i'd do my darnedest to find another arm to fit the wiper motor. Seems foolish to have to special order a wiper blade each time you might need one. I'm interested to see a pic of this thing when you get a chance to post one.

/ Curtis cab wiper blade
I pulled the tape off for the pictures, but you get the idea.

/ Curtis cab wiper blade #6  
i workrd for 32 years for a major windshied wipper manufacture and have neve seen that type of end, i am pretty sure there is a piece missing, but that it just my guess.

/ Curtis cab wiper blade
frank_f15 said:
i workrd for 32 years for a major windshied wipper manufacture and have neve seen that type of end, i am pretty sure there is a piece missing, but that it just my guess.

Thanks for getting involved in this thread Frank, I'm hoping what I ordered has all that I need, sure would be nice if someone with a Curtis Cab ends the mystery.:D

/ Curtis cab wiper blade #8  
Why not go to a good auto parts shop (like Ductape says) and get a new arm and blade? When I built my cab, I bought a new Curtis wiper motor for the rear window (most expensive single item on the whole cab!). It did not come with an arm or blade, so I got them from a good auto parts store (local AC/Delco distributor). BTW, that hexagon end with the hole in it looks something like part of what I did get. My wiper arm has a joint near the end where you can adjust the angle of bend in the arm by loosening a screw (that threads into the hole) and rotating the end of the arm around the screw. My old pickup truck's wipers have the same setup. (If I had a pic I would post it - sorry.) I think the end piece of your wiper arm may be missing.

/ Curtis cab wiper blade
herringchoker said:
Why not go to a good auto parts shop (like Ductape says) and get a new arm and blade? When I built my cab, I bought a new Curtis wiper motor for the rear window (most expensive single item on the whole cab!). It did not come with an arm or blade, so I got them from a good auto parts store (local AC/Delco distributor). ~snip~ I think the end piece of your wiper arm may be missing.

That's what I fear also, but before I buy another wiper arm (this is a short one) I'll wait till the wiper blade that I ordered shows up and see whats what. Hopefully someone with a Curtis Cab will see this thread..:D , and let me know before I get the blade and I'll decide if I'll order more parts or try and find something short enough and the right sized hook-up.