any ideas for an FEL mounted yard tool holder?

/ any ideas for an FEL mounted yard tool holder? #1  

72chevy4x4

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 3038e
sometimes I drive the tractor about and hold the shovel or rake as I'm driving to the next pickup site (i.e. picking up yard debris). I have an L3540 and was toying around with a mount to be bolted onto the FEL attachment that could hold preferably two items such as a rake and a shovel. I don't like the pvc tube idea-doesn't do a pretty new tractor justice and the mount would need to have a high point and a low point to stabilze the garden tools to keep them from swinging while driving about.

I'm sure someone has done this before :) does anyone have pictures or additional ideas?

/ any ideas for an FEL mounted yard tool holder? #2  
My first thought was to screw some of these spring-loaded clamps to the side of the loader boom to pop the handles into. CRAWFORD PRODUCTS SG1G CLIP SPRING 1.5"GIANT I have purchased these at the hardware store, but I have only used them to store hydraulic jack handles myself. They do come in different sizes. I really have to tug to remove my jack handles. Just an idea.

/ any ideas for an FEL mounted yard tool holder? #3  
Northern Tool has rachet type holders that I have considered buying two sets and using trailer spring U-bolts to attach them horizontaly behind the seat on the ROPS. Just an idea.

/ any ideas for an FEL mounted yard tool holder? #4  
Just another idea, I mounted adjustable 4 pipe or furniture clamps to the back of my ROPS.
I use them to hold all kinds of tools. The photos shows a farm jack and prybar, but I've had shovels and rakes and an axe in there too....even a metal detector. You might also see the come-along on the side and a large wooden toolbox for all kinds of chains, knives, wrenches and other tools etc.

/ any ideas for an FEL mounted yard tool holder? #5  
How about a three point carryall? About a hundred bucks + or -, then you make it up for what ever purpose you want. Tool boxes, shovels, rakes, weed whackers, cooler etc etc. A guy doesn't mind a little PVC attached to something like that. A mini trailer of sorts.

/ any ideas for an FEL mounted yard tool holder? #6  
Here's what I did for the same reason as you. Gunrack from Wally World bolted to the rops. Comes in pretty handy for lots of other uses too.

Attachments

• ripper and misc. 003 (1536 x 1152).jpg
    ripper and misc. 003 (1536 x 1152).jpg
    438.3 KB · Views: 2,445
  • ripper and misc. 005 (1536 x 1152).jpg
    ripper and misc. 005 (1536 x 1152).jpg
    423.4 KB · Views: 2,143
   / any ideas for an FEL mounted yard tool holder? #7  
3RRL said:
Just another idea, I mounted adjustable 4 pipe or furniture clamps to the back of my ROPS.
I use them to hold all kinds of tools. The photos shows a farm jack and prybar, but I've had shovels and rakes and an axe in there too....even a metal detector. You might also see the come-along on the side and a large wooden toolbox for all kinds of chains, knives, wrenches and other tools etc.

3RRL,

where's the fishing rod?
Is that a bait and tackle box just kidding wow you have everthing on there.
Nice job.

/ any ideas for an FEL mounted yard tool holder? #8  
jjmarotz said:
Here's what I did for the same reason as you. Gunrack from Wally World bolted to the rops. Comes in pretty handy for lots of other uses too.[/QUOTE

nice job looks cool.

/ any ideas for an FEL mounted yard tool holder? #9  
JJ, great idea on the racks. Looks like an NEF 12 Gauge single shot your haulin??

/ any ideas for an FEL mounted yard tool holder? #10  
Reason I like carrying all that crap on the back of the ROPS and tool boxes is so I can actually use the bucket and whatever implement on the back when I'm at the worksite.
I used to throw my stuff into the bucket to carry there. One day there was a big rock that become dislodged so I picked it up with the bucket ... not thinking...
Needles to say, I won't do that again.:)