Tractor
    Kubota B29410HST

Default My tractor modifications

This is my first post here but I have learned a lot by reading all the discriptions of other's projects. I wanted to thank you all for all of the information and describe some of the modifications I have made to my tractor so that it may help others.

I bought my tractor just before the first of this year mostly for snow removal but have found many other uses for it around my property and don't know how I have gotten by without it for so long. I bought a used kubota B2910 with a loader and rear blade but have since purchased a box blade and a rear finish mower.

The first modification was the addition of bucket hooks. Since I don't have the equipment or skills for welding I had a friend of a friend that lives close by do the welding and he did an excellent job. We used a 2" X 3" X 1/4" piece of angle to provide support and welded the hooks to this. The picture below is just after I finished painting.

-dsc_3467-jpg

It seems like a lot of hooks but they have all come in handy for pulling fence posts and general lifting. One of my summer projects was to rebuild my walkway from the house to the garage that is made up of 3" thick flagstone blocks. I had to move them all out of the way, prepare the area and then move them back. The following picture shows how the bucket hooks were used to do this.

-dsc_4848-jpg

My next modification was to add extra lights for night work. The following picture shows the bracket I made and how it was mounted on the ROPS. The electrical connection was easy since the tractor has provisions for adding a work light and I just used that wiring.

-dsc_3474-jpg

I have some other modifications that are more involved that I will post in seperate threads.

Tractor
    Kubota L2800

Default Re: My tractor modifications

Nice looking work and nice looking countryside in the background. Welcome and jump on in. There are some really nice people here and one old grouch.

Foothills of the Giant Sequoia's, California
    Tractor
    55HP 4WD KAMA 554 and 4 x 4 Jinma 284

Hi Steve and welcome to TBN.
    Glad you could post about your mods to your tractor already. I know they all come in handy sooner or later. I'm sure we'll hear more from you as you do other mods. It seems like there's always more you can do to make your tractor suited better for your work.
    Thanks for sharing them.
    Rob-
    ...The Older I get...the Better I Used to be...
    Member of the Month

Tractor
    Century 3820i

the lights look great. I did something similiar to mine, use them all the time now. Mostly moving snow. Is the the receiver bar on the FEL for a hitch and ball? enjoy.

Tractor
    A couple

Welcome SLM1294, it's nice to see another Colorado member on board.

It's always great to see how others tackle designs for similar items (e.g. lights, bucket hooks, etc). We love pictures on TBN, so keep them coming.

Your flagstone shot looks like you are near the "Peak to Peak" highway between Nederland and Estes Park. Pretty area.
    Paraphrasing Douglas Adams - So long and thanks for all the bacon.

Tractor
    Kubota B29410HST

dnafziger: Thanks for the comments. The thing in the middle is just another type of chain hook that allows me to pull straight from the center.

mjncad: Good eye. I live in the Sugarloaf area. Closer to Nederland than Estes Park.

Tractor
    Kubota B-7500

nice work on the modifications! Love the size of the stone, here in New England all we get is granite or marble!

Looking at your snow picture I am wondering how you got the tractor out of the snow. You could use a cab and snowblower for that rig!

Wayne