Tractor
    JD 4310

Default Rear blade weight

I took everyones advice about adding weight to box blade and it works great for what I need. So then how about adding weight to a rear blade, I did and it is much better, and added a stand. I don't have pictures of the box blade yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0863_1-jpg   -img_0867_1-jpg   -img_0870_1-jpg   -img_0871_1-jpg  

Default Re: Rear blade weight

I don't understand what that extra piece to the upper 3 pt is for. Is it a brace or does it support the weight?

How much weight did you add?
    2008 Kioti CK-35 w/ FEL, HST, toothbar, R1, RimGuard, 2" wheel spacers
    1956 Ferguson TO-35

Tractor
    JD 4310

It's a brace, I had to cut the original one out to put the weights on. As far as the weight, they are old elevator weights about 275lbs. with the two of them about 550# With the loader and forks I am finding adding weight to everything helps

Weight rules for ground engaging equipment.

Tractor
    Kubota GST Grand L3130 w/ 723 loader, Ags

I welded a couple culivator tines to the back of my BB and slid some suitcase weights on. It definitely works better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -cabin-8-20-2008-068-a  

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    JD 4310

Quote Originally Posted by Hookblock View Post
    I took everyones advice about adding weight to box blade and it works great for what I need. So then how about adding weight to a rear blade, I did and it is much better, and added a stand. I don't have pictures of the box blade yet.
    I like the weights and I have also added a stand to my blade and landscape rake but with the quick hitch i never have to get off the tractor and have forgotten to lift the stand up and break it as soon as I drive away.