Quick attach Pallet Forks

/ Quick attach Pallet Forks
Sherweld, I was also admiring your design & especially like the hook-style bracket for hanging the forks. I am assuming that the bar/pipe mounted above the angle the forks hang from is a retainer so they slide, but won't pop off? You don't have a little closer pics of that detail do you?

I had started cutting metal for a bucket-mounted (no QA), non-adjustable trash fork until I saw your set-up & I'm now revising it to have multiple, sliding/removable forks.
Thanks, TD

Correct on the bar/pipe.
Here's a pic. of "hook" under construction.
Still making up my mind as to final detent detail. I'll live with it for a bit as is, and see what might be required.
Weight of a finished fork 43.7# as built. Did not weigh frame, but guessing in the 8o-100# range because I can still manage to carry it around. :D

Regards
Sherweld

Attachments

• Fork detail.jpg
    Fork detail.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 739
   / Quick attach Pallet Forks #12  
Excellent! Thanks for taking the time to post the photo. Nice design.

TD

/ Quick attach Pallet Forks #13  
What I have done is attach a quick sketch of the forks I have built.

In today's day and age with 3D modeling such as ProE and SolidWorks sometimes (more times than not) Pad CAD is the best tool for creating the design. I have seen numerous patents come about from sketches on napkins. Your art work is appreciated!

/ Quick attach Pallet Forks #14  
Sherweld after seeing your pallet forks i decided to build a set for my JD 3320, I started with 4" channel &3.5 filler as you did but am going with a fork set sliding on a 1 3/16" bar. also had to make addptors for JD quick tach plates. will try to include pic,s next week shadow 753

/ Quick attach Pallet Forks #15  
I think I'll check around and see if I can find 2x4 steel tube, if I can I'll cut the front 4 inches at an angle then weld a cover plate on.

Sean