rops

/ rops #1  

shakin

Gold Member
Tractor
montana 2840
my montana has non folding rops and i was wondering if anyone has ideas or pl,ans on how to make these foldable?

/ rops #2  
My Montana has a hinged ROPS. I can take some closeup pictures for you tonight. Are you able to weld?

If your ROPS is (looks?) modified then you may have problems if you are trading it in... personally I would modify it anyway - no **** good if you can't get it in your garage, under branches, etc.

I am guessing you got the 2740HST - I think that model does not fold. That's why I bought the bigger tractor:D

Cheers,
Mike

/ rops
close but no cigar i have the 2840, some pics would be great, and if i ever trade in i'll buy a new set. the just bolt on on top of the fenders.

larry

/ rops #4  
Personally I would also midify them if I need to but just be sure that if you do modify them and something happens if you roll the tractor or something the warrenty would most likely be voided. I am not even sure if you have a licensed frame welding shop do it if it would still be under warrenty.

Could you purchase a set of foldable rops for a different model that would fit yours?

/ rops #5  
I will take some nice scale pics for you tonight, post later.

Cheers,
Mike

/ rops
not sure i would buy a set if it would, my dealer didn't suggest that all he said was he suggests taking to a welding shop and have hinges installed. is there anyone on here that knows this info?

larry