bucket mod

/ bucket mod #1  

4shorts

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 5740,BX25D
Well considering I'm going to be plowing snow and snow only with my tractor I've never liked the fact that the back side of the bucket wasn't very high. All the equipment I've ever operated that had a bucket always had an extension on the top of the bucket to reduce the chance of snow falling off the bucket and either hitting the engine hood or the windshield. I decided to change my bucket and this is how it turned out.

Attachments

• b4-1.jpg
    b4-1.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 1,288
  • b6.jpg
    b6.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 1,085
  • b7.jpg
    b7.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 2,153
  • b8.jpg
    b8.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 1,172
   / bucket mod
Completed pics

Attachments

• b9.jpg
    b9.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 1,045
  • b14.jpg
    b14.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 1,398
   / bucket mod #3  
Nice piece of work!

I wish I could weld / fabricate like that. I just had a buddy fab a 12" high expanded mesh extension like yours, surrounded and braced by 2"W x 1/4" thick flat steel. I have a 6' SS utility bucket for snow use, and wanted to make my 5' factory dirt bucket more versatile in the brush pushing and piling department.

It also acts as a decent brush guard when tooling around the woods and swamp, and I can still see through it fairly well for close-in work.

/ bucket mod #4  
Really nice job.Looks like a factory option.

I know how long it takes to do a job like this and come out looking that good.Someday(when i get some time off work)i'm also going to make something like this but out of expanded metal mesh(as already mentioned)
but i want to make mine removable,just in case.I also would like to make a matching guard out of expanded metal that adds a little more protection to the grill and radiator than the stock guard.
Anyway,nice job.......Digger2

/ bucket mod #6  
Looks great. I wish I had the talent you have and the tools. Now you have to make sides so you can get twice the amount of snow in that bucket:D

/ bucket mod #7  
That's a great looking job, but your blocking the view of your Kioti Killer badge :)

It must be nice to actually work with bright , shiny, new steel. Everything I build comes out of the scrap pile and requires a good dose of wire wheel and elbow grease to make it even presentable:( Maybe one of these days...

/ bucket mod
Thanks guys. Glad you like it. When I curl the bucket back now I'll have some protection from meterial falling off the back top side of it. You guys got some good ideas. See through mesh would be good as well for your application. I try and use new steel where I can. If I use old stuff I got to either sandblast it or sand it and that takes time so I try and use new to save time. JDeerekid thats a very nice looking tractor in your avatar. I've never seen one around these parts like that. Thanks for posting guys!

/ bucket mod #10  
That's a darn good idea, I may have to copy your design. Hope you don't mind.