Snow plow adapted to the FEL

/ Snow plow adapted to the FEL #1  

4shorts

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 5740,BX25D
Seeing I'm not using my truck for plowing anymore I decided to adapt the plow to the Kubota . I've had the poly plow new and it was ten years old so it needed a little work to bring it up to snuff again. Took me about 25 hours from start to completion to do the modification but It's all done and working well. I left out a lot of steps here like the actual fab work and the sand blasting but it will give those who are interested a look into how it went.

Attachments

• p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 2,897
  • p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 2,494
  • p3.jpg
    p3.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 2,333
  • p4.jpg
    p4.jpg
    368.2 KB · Views: 4,382
   / Snow plow adapted to the FEL
More pics of fabrication

Attachments

• p8.jpg
    p8.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 2,617
  • p7.jpg
    p7.jpg
    333.1 KB · Views: 2,209
  • p6.jpg
    p6.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 2,263
  • p5.jpg
    p5.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 4,593

More pics of fabrication

Attachments

• p9.jpg
    p9.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 3,082
  • p10.jpg
    p10.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 2,265
  • p11.jpg
    p11.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 2,583
  • p12.jpg
    p12.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 2,785

Last pics of fabrication

Attachments

• p13.jpg
    p13.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 2,616
   / Snow plow adapted to the FEL #5  
Very nicely done!:D how close is it when its angled all the way. i see that you have moved the A frame as close as you can to bring plow closer to tractor

Very nicely done!:D how close is it when its angled all the way. i see that you have moved the A frame as close as you can to bring plow closer to tractor

I got a little less than a foot at full angle, both sides. About the same as it was on the truck. I moved it all back a bit. I don't like them all mounted right on the front. I was looking for the right look I guess as well as being pratical. Thanks!

/ Snow plow adapted to the FEL #7  
Hey, what's up with that "KIOTI Killer" decal on the loader. Nice blade, not so nice on the decals!!!!;)

Hey, what's up with that "KIOTI Killer" decal on the loader. Nice blade, not so nice on the decals!!!!;)

:D Ah it's all in fun. I almost purchased a Kioti. Wanted the new DK45 HST cab model (think that what is was)that was coming out. Loved the tractor but the dealer couldn't tell me for certain when it would arrive so I went with the Kubota and that's why the "Kioti Killer" ;) The dealer still don't have the Kioti here and we had our first snow today :eek:

/ Snow plow adapted to the FEL #9  
Another awesome job. When are they calling for some snow so you can get to use everything you have bought, made, and modified.
We need action shots.
I was planing on making a frame mounted plow for the front of my tractor for this winter but dont have to funds to do it right now. I finally retired the old plow truck and kept the plow. It is a 7 1/2ft western. The blade itself is pretty rusted so I am planning to get a peice of poly to repair it as the frame is fine.
Still might do it if I get some extra money.

Another awesome job. When are they calling for some snow so you can get to use everything you have bought, made, and modified.
We need action shots.
I was planing on making a frame mounted plow for the front of my tractor for this winter but dont have to funds to do it right now. I finally retired the old plow truck and kept the plow. It is a 7 1/2ft western. The blade itself is pretty rusted so I am planning to get a peice of poly to repair it as the frame is fine.
Still might do it if I get some extra money.

Thanks JD. I purchased the Skid Steer adapter for mine but I shouldn't have. Although it was made from 1/4 plate I felt it wasn't strong enough so I spent most of the day adding another 1/2 plate to it. I know for sure it's strong and the hyd's are really strong. With the full weight of the tractor on the plow it angles like there's no weight at all which is good if you need to push yourself out of a bank if you happen to get stuck. My plow is 7 1/2 and is an Artic with the poly front. I think it's going to work well on the tractor and by the looks of the snow today I'll soon find out ;) I'll be posting action shots as soon as I get out to play in the snow