tractor cab by modifying an ATV cab

/ tractor cab by modifying an ATV cab #1  

Botabill

Platinum Member
Has anyone tried making a tractor cab by modifying an ATV cab to work on a tractor. Our local COSTCO has a pretty good looking cab for ATVs that they sell for less than $200. Just not sure how it could be adapted to fit my CUT.

/ tractor cab by modifying an ATV cab #2  
I'd start by either measuring it or getting dimension to see if it's even in the ballpark sizewise. It may be much smaller than it appears.

Andy

/ tractor cab by modifying an ATV cab #3  
Hi Botabill, I have actually bought the ATV cab and started the modifications. The back has a large slope which I modified with a tubing bender to fit the slope of the rops on my Kubota B7510. I have placed it on the tractor and secured with zip ties, to test fits well. The problem I was having, the windows are made of clear plastic and because the cab was folded to fit in the box the front window has several large fold lines in it. This made looking out the front window like looking through bi-fold glasses, blurry. I have been trying to think of a way of securing a piece of lexan in its place, not there yet. The next issue, the sides are a little short, I think I can just add more material to the sides to extend them down. For the price I think its worth investing some more time if only I decide to use it in the winter. If I get a chance this weekend I will take some pics and post. If anyone else has any ideas on the couple of problems I described I would really like to know.