Fluid amount in tires.

/ Fluid amount in tires. #1  

Jeepnford

Gold Member
Tractor
Case DX35
I'm considering putting rim guard in my rear tires but I'm not sure if I want to go with the maximum fill. Are there drawbacks to using small amounts of fluid,maybe 10-15 gallons per tire?

/ Fluid amount in tires. #2  
less weight, less stability, less traction, less cost.

1 & 4 are positives and 2&3 are negatives. I want to maximize 2&3 at the expense of #1 while minimizing #4. Your goals may differ.

If you were talking about Cacl2, it would corrode the inside of the rim quick if metal parts were allowed to hit air. (You MUST fill over the top of the steel rim when using CaCl2) With WWF and rim-guard that isn't the case.

/ Fluid amount in tires.
I have 300 lbs of wheel weights but since I finally have a loader mounted I want to add some more ballast,but with the weights I thought I might not need a full load.

/ Fluid amount in tires. #4  
what kind of a tractor you want to add the rimguard to ? I recently added rimgaurd to the tires myself in the bx24 rears. I went with the max i can put in the tires since the little tractor is tippy and bouncy. Do you have a specific reason why you dont want to go with the normal max fill ? about 75 percent.

/ Fluid amount in tires. #5  
If you don't mow the house yard with it, fill the tires all the way. The extra stability and traction is great and the drawbacks are minor for a part time operator with just one machine.

jb

/ Fluid amount in tires. #6  
Assuming you aren't running duals, 75 % at 12 o'clock.
If you ARE running duals, 40% at 4 o'clock (but you probably wouldn't need to ask).
(source firestoneag.com)

/ Fluid amount in tires.
The main reason(not necessarily valid) for not filling them entirely is so I can remove a tire by myself if needed. BTW,this is about a large frame Case DX35.

/ Fluid amount in tires. #8  
I do mine alone filled with CaCl2. 16.9x24's R4's and 420x70-24's. It's not as hard as you may fear. Remounting them, I can spin them (rotate) to align the lugs with the holes in place. I would just fill to the gills and be done.

Actually, I'd have a tire service come out, put in tubes, fill with CaCl2 and pocket some left over $$ that it would have cost if I were to bring the machine to a place to do the rimguard.

jb

/ Fluid amount in tires. #9  
Do Not fill the tire completely. The tire will not have any give, will be like riding on a steel wheel. If anything wants to poke it there is no give and is easier to rip up a tire.

/ Fluid amount in tires. #10  
what kind of a tractor you want to add the rimguard to ? I recently added rimgaurd to the tires myself in the bx24 rears. I went with the max i can put in the tires since the little tractor is tippy and bouncy. Do you have a specific reason why you dont want to go with the normal max fill ? about 75 percent.
I don't find my bx23 tippy and bouncy.