Back up camera

/ Back up camera #1  

4shorts

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 5740,BX25D
Well I finally found a back up camera that I'm happy with. Called Cab Cam it has a LCD 7 inch monitor. Comes with an inferred camera and a bunch of other stuff. Hooked it up last evening and tried it in the dark and was surprised in how well it worked.

Today I had to travel the tractor up the road to move some gravel for a friend. Camera worked great. The only complaint is if the sun is directly on the camera. That kind of messes it up a bit but I guess it's the same if we looked directly at the sun. We wouldn't see so well either. Comes with a remote and two different lengths of wiring. I only needed the short one for the tractor but the long one would come in handy if you were going to install it in a truck or motor home.

I fabricated the bracket to go under the rear light. Would have liked to mount it in the middle and under the rear of the can but the rear windows opens on the tractor and I didn't want to risk breaking the window buy hitting the camera. All the connectors on it are weather pack sealed including the camera and the camera its self was all cast aluminum. Great quality.
It also has a microphone in the camera and you can hear noises outside. Didn't realize that until I let the blower down. Had to go change my shorts after that.:D Must remember to turn the volume down on the monitor next time I do that. :eek:

Attachments

• cam1.jpg
    cam1.jpg
    416 KB · Views: 987
  • cam1a.jpg
    cam1a.jpg
    570.8 KB · Views: 1,073
  • cam2a.jpg
    cam2a.jpg
    390.4 KB · Views: 1,107
  • cam2.jpg
    cam2.jpg
    542 KB · Views: 981
   / Back up camera #2  
Your work is amazing! You could probably make a little hood for the camera to keep direct sunlight out of it... As I see you have no problem fabricating... ;)

/ Back up camera #3  
Nice job mounting your camera. Its a very nice feature. If its the one RuralKing sells for $300. I can't justify the price for my tractor. Maybe when I get too old to turn around in the seat I might consider it.

/ Back up camera
Nice job mounting your camera. Its a very nice feature. If its the one RuralKing sells for $300. I can't justify the price for my tractor. Maybe when I get too old to turn around in the seat I might consider it.

I had already tried some of the less expensive ones and hated them. This is the $300. dollar one but it's built well and miles ahead of the cheaper ones I've tried. This ones a keeper :D

/ Back up camera #5  
When we were living in a motorhome, we had something like that, and I loved it. Haven't ever seen one before on a tractor, but that looks good.

/ Back up camera #6  
We use to use them on tractor trailers we ran into the city. I use to deliver Bottled gas into the hospital district. They are very handy. That is nicer than the ones we had. The high mount was a great move. They get dirty real quick mounted low

/ Back up camera #7  
Man, do you ever use that tractor. It sure is pretty and clean. ;)

That's a great idea. Now you just have to use it. Many people have mirrors and never look in them. I followed a guy for about 4-5 miles one day who was pulling a 24' disc that I couldn't go around. lol

/ Back up camera #8  
Best use for AgCams on tractors is for seeing things that you can't from the operator's station. Pretty fancy $300 rearview mirror. Yes I'm jealous. It's on my want list. :)

/ Back up camera
Man, do you ever use that tractor. It sure is pretty and clean. ;)

That's a great idea. Now you just have to use it. Many people have mirrors and never look in them. I followed a guy for about 4-5 miles one day who was pulling a 24' disc that I couldn't go around. lol

So true. I've seen operators that didn't look at a guage or a mirror and wondered what do they think there there for. Can't get the tractor dirty :eek: No really. Everything around here is paved plus it's only used for snow clearing and our snow is clean :D

GinNB your going to have to order one. You won't regret it. It's a real safty feature and to be able to see backing up in complete darkness is outstanding. Where are you located in NB? I have a good friend in Eel River Crossing, NB.