Lights, Camera, Action

/ Lights, Camera, Action #1  

4shorts

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 5740,BX25D
I'm a firm believer that the more lights you have on a vehicle the better the chance you'll be seen. The same rule applies to my tractor. It's going to be used on some very busy streets in less than idea weather conditions so I figured I would add a few lights to the snow blower. Rather than just post a few pictures it was just as easy to do a short video and that way you could all get to see them working. ;)

YouTube - Custom rear Kubota lights

/ Lights, Camera, Action #2  
Outstanding! I have that same blower but hope I don't need to use it too soon, still fighting the ixe storm. Our area is still out of power,five days now and still no power in town. Declared state of emergency so I am doing a load of laundry and mixed my white and dark together! Sure glad I have the Lincon Ranger 8 runs the whole place. I added six LED's in my 5240, in the cab front ,rear and side,worked out really nice going down the roads in the dark pushing storm damaged trees out of the road. Now the tv says we have three more snow events this week,got some pretty sad people out there.

/ Lights, Camera, Action #3  
Outstanding Job! Your projects are so polished and perfect! How are you controlling the led's?

I am planning on a similar project but the led's will be mounted to the rollbar. I have bought a show-me led strobe flasher with two outputs and a bunch of 10mm amber and white led's. The idea so far is to make a lightbar that will get secured to the top of the roll bar and I was thinking of mounting some behind the engine covers and grille too. I, like you, believe that being seen is the first step to safety.

/ Lights, Camera, Action #4  
Ok Paul, I have seen enough of your work to know you need to come way down here to Georgia and visit me for a month or so. Oh ya, bring your shop also.

MarkV

/ Lights, Camera, Action
Thanks groundcover. I've seen the damage down your way. Awful stuff to have to deal with. We've had that kind of thing happen up our way as well and it's very unpleasant to say the least. Hope you get things back in shape soon. Our prayers go out to all you folks.

millhaven_nice_guy. Thanks for the compliment but your going to have to post pictures of what you got in mine. I'm like you as well. The more lights the better and it shows by the picture of my GoldWing :D

MarkV I would love to go down there for a month :D I bet it's much warmer than where I'm too but we still don't have any snow :eek: Glad you liked the lights. Thanks!

Attachments

• wing lights.jpg
    wing lights.jpg
    516.3 KB · Views: 364
   / Lights, Camera, Action #6  
Now I know we have a lot in common.

1 - Grew up in Labrador - been to the island more times than I can count
2 - Continually upgading our Grand L's, albeit I have a 5740 Cab
3 - Both ride Goldwings - Are you a GWRRA member?
4 - Like to rebuild old things

Also, your quality of workmanship is outstanding. It is an insperation to others as what can be done.

Keep up the good work

Peter

/ Lights, Camera, Action
Now I know we have a lot in common.

1 - Grew up in Labrador - been to the island more times than I can count
2 - Continually upgading our Grand L's, albeit I have a 5740 Cab
3 - Both ride Goldwings - Are you a GWRRA member?
4 - Like to rebuild old things

Also, your quality of workmanship is outstanding. It is an insperation to others as what can be done.

Keep up the good work

Peter

Holy smoke Peter. Where were you in Labrador? I spent my first 23 years in Lab.City.

I almost purchased the 5740 Cab but thought it was a little bigger than I needed for snow clearing. Right now a hand shovel would be to much for the snow because we don't have any :D

Love the Wings. Always have. Worked for Honda at one time. I'm not a member of GWRRA. I'm kind of like a lone wolf and travels along I guess.

I appreciate the kind words on my work and happy you enjoy seeing it. When you get back to NF drop by or PM me and I'll give you my phone number. I'm always around. the wife got a real short leash on me :D Happy Holidays. Paul

/ Lights, Camera, Action #8  
Holy smoke Peter. Where were you in Labrador? I spent my first 23 years in Lab.City.

Yup, Lab City also. When did you leave? Left in 72 for a short time and then came back for a little while, left again for good.

Sent you a PM

Peter

/ Lights, Camera, Action #9  
OUTSTANDING !!! And super good quality work ... only thing missing, get your front headlamps flashing like the highway patrol!!!!

/ Lights, Camera, Action
OUTSTANDING !!! And super good quality work ... only thing missing, get your front headlamps flashing like the highway patrol!!!!

Oh lord. You just planted the seed ! :D Thank you sir!

Peter. I just PM'ed ya!