help finding old post on pvc tool box mounted to front bar

/ help finding old post on pvc tool box mounted to front bar #1  

ampsucker

Platinum Member
Tractor
BX24
i've searched and searched but all in vain....

i remember seeing a post, or might have been a brotek or similar product, that was a 4" pvc tool box mounted to the front of a BX. i believe it either mounted to the holes up front where the MMM lock bar goes or possibly to the bolts that hold on the front bumper/guard.

i just want to see the pic of how it was mounted as i can't remember.

i've considered other locations but i think for me this is the best place. it will hold my tire chains and i like the idea of keeping the weight low and toward the front.

there just aren't a lot of options for mounting things to these subcuts!

thanks to anyone who helps find this post or can produce the photo of the mounting arrangement. i think it might have been a bar that locks into place the same way the mower bar locks in? that is how i'm thinking of doing it since i probably won't have need for both chains and mower at same time...

amp

/ help finding old post on pvc tool box mounted to front bar #3  
have you considered mounting on the FEL arms like mine ?

Attachments

• bx24 toolbox.jpg
    bx24 toolbox.jpg
    762 KB · Views: 405
   / help finding old post on pvc tool box mounted to front bar
thanks srjones: i found that one already ;-) i searched using toolbox, tool, box, bx, etc.... couldn't find it.

radioman: i already have a small tool box mounted on one side and i strap a fire extinguisher on the other FEL post when i need it. thanks for the pic, though!

if it comes down to it, i'll be able to figure something out. just wanted to see the way the other poster did it to get some ideas. i think mounting it down low on the front will keep it out of the way and provide some needed weight on the front down low for keeping the front wheels down when pushing snow. plus, i can fill it with steel or something for ballast when the tire chains aren't in there.

amp

/ help finding old post on pvc tool box mounted to front bar #5  
Amp,

It was Brotek. I remember seeing it as a toolbox/ steering boot protection. Have you checked his webpage?

/ help finding old post on pvc tool box mounted to front bar #6  
Cancel that. That guard was also used for top-link storage. I also remember seeing that though.:confused:

/ help finding old post on pvc tool box mounted to front bar
ding ding ding! we have a winner!

pingg2blue, you jogged my memory when you wrote "steering boot protection". i was pretty sure you were on the right trail.

teg, thanks for posting the actual images in the pdf.

it's not anywhere obvious on richard's website when i checked...

i have some ideas, now. thanks again!

amp