BX Christmas present

/ BX Christmas present #1  

ACHINBAC

Silver Member
Tractor
BX24
Gave the BX some more muscle for Christmas last night. After reading a post about this I ordered some shims from Kubota for the pressure relief valve, & made a pressure gauge assembly with parts from online. I did the testing off the FEL lift quick disconnect male fitting (red arrow in picture). Factory setting was 1775 psi. I used .6mm worth of shims to bump it to 2000 psi @ 2200 rpm (normally don't run it much higher) and 2050 @ 3000 rpm. The picture of the transmission is just to the left of the pto, the lower port is where the valve is located (red arrow). Will let all know if I can feel a difference next time it snows.

Attachments

• DSC03217 (Small).JPG
    DSC03217 (Small).JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 966
  • DSC03219.JPG
    DSC03219.JPG
    681.1 KB · Views: 1,171
  • DSC03214 (Small).JPG
    DSC03214 (Small).JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,675
  • DSC03213 (Small).JPG
    DSC03213 (Small).JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 1,434
   / BX Christmas present #2  
Nice how-to pics for those without a WSM.

Getting ready to do same mod. Just assembled my gauge/tee/QDs. One each of the .1, .2, and .4mm shims should give me what I need to build the correct shim stack for my 2K PSI target. Which did you add to the original shim, the .2 or the .4? Just curious, since tolerences differ.

Interested in hearing your difference feedback. I plan to compare my 3PT splitter cycle times...but I won't be taking pics, mine's too filthy...:eek:

Last edited:
   / BX Christmas present
Bota,

On another thread I read that you get approx 39 psi/.1mm of shim. On that basis I initially added .4mm + .1mm shims to the existing factory stack which gave me 1950 psi (from 1775) @ 3000 rpm. One additional .1mm shim gave me 2050 @ 3k and 2000 @ 22k. My advice is start shy on the shims as the last .1 gave me over 50 psi, and the first .5mm gave me 35psi/.1mm.

As for the cycle time of your splitter, you'll get a stronger push, but the volume output of the pump remains the same hence the speed may not change.

Took the risk of this upgrade as I could find no record of anyone blowing out seals on any posts (on any brand tractor). If I'm the first, you guys will be the first to know.

Whole upgrade was less than $50 and takes less than 30 min.

Dave

/ BX Christmas present #4  
I have a question - I see you have setup your gauge to deadhead the hydralic output. Is this ok or would it be better to T in the gauge ?

/ BX Christmas present
Radio,

There is no need for a tee. By connecting to the FEL arm "up" male quick disconnect the gauge is actuated as though your FEL arms were all the way up immediately as soon as you use the lever to "lift" the arms. You relieve the pressure off the gauge by tapping the control lever up a bit as though you were moving the arms down. Avoid going to down pressure.

Dave

/ BX Christmas present
1850 psi, BX24 - My son says I should go to 2500 . . . what do you guys think?

/ BX Christmas present #8  
1850 psi, BX24 - My son says I should go to 2500 . . . what do you guys think?

Since my primary motivation is FEL capacity, I'd like to know the lift difference between 2K and 2.5. Then there's the max pressure margins for cylinders/hoses/valves/pump. Finally, there's the extra weight on the FEL structure and front tires/axle. It comes down to how much risk one is willing to take for the gain...kinda like horsepower, it's addictive...

/ BX Christmas present #9  
Bota,

On another thread I read that you get approx 39 psi/.1mm of shim. On that basis I initially added .4mm + .1mm shims to the existing factory stack which gave me 1950 psi (from 1775) @ 3000 rpm. One additional .1mm shim gave me 2050 @ 3k and 2000 @ 22k. My advice is start shy on the shims as the last .1 gave me over 50 psi, and the first .5mm gave me 35psi/.1mm.

As for the cycle time of your splitter, you'll get a stronger push, but the volume output of the pump remains the same hence the speed may not change.

Took the risk of this upgrade as I could find no record of anyone blowing out seals on any posts (on any brand tractor). If I'm the first, you guys will be the first to know.

Whole upgrade was less than $50 and takes less than 30 min.

Dave

Thanks for the data. The shims are cheap ($.25), so a few extra .1s could make this a one-time activity.

Yep...cycle time will be the same. It's easy to make assumptions when you're not an expert.:eek: Thanks for reminding me to think it through...:)

/ BX Christmas present #10  
very interesting, would be interesting to know how much of a difference on fel lift capacity one would get with 2000psi...
Thanks...