The Rain Tracker

/ The Rain Tracker #1  

4shorts

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 5740,BX25D
About the only thing I didn't like about this new Kubota tractor I bought was the fact that it didn't have intermittent wipers. It got cruise control, ac/heat, tilt, CD/radio player but no intermittent wipers.

I know that I'm being picky about this but operating this tractor requires one hand to be on the wheel. The other hand to be on the FEL control and if there's not a lot of snow/rain it means you have to keep reaching up to the roof liner to turn the wipers off because they start to jump due the windshield being to dry. If only I could find something that would take care of that.

After doing some research I found a system called "Rain Tracker". How Rain tracker works is, it comes with a module, a sensitive sensor that mounts to the inside of the windshield that must be mounted in the area that the wiper sweeps. You can use the wiper system as you always did but if you turned on the included switch the wiper would only sweep if it sense's any moister on the windshield. You see this same type of option on Jaguar's and even some high end GM vehicles. Never seen one on a tractor before though.

The only down side to the system was no technical support from the supplier. The wiring diagram that comes with this don't really mean much when it comes to tractors so if your planning on installing one on a tractor be prepared to really have to think things out because your basically on your own due to the lack of technical assistance from the supplier.

If you want to install it on a car or truck there's lots of information on the Rain Tracker's web site. Great system though and I'm happy I got it. :D

YouTube - The Rain Tracker

Attachments

• rt1.jpg
    rt1.jpg
    457.6 KB · Views: 375
  • rt2.jpg
    rt2.jpg
    514.6 KB · Views: 413
  • rt3.jpg
    rt3.jpg
    514 KB · Views: 366
  • rt4.jpg
    rt4.jpg
    379.2 KB · Views: 376
   / The Rain Tracker
More pics!

Attachments

• rt5.jpg
    rt5.jpg
    386 KB · Views: 353
  • rt6.jpg
    rt6.jpg
    435.8 KB · Views: 359
   / The Rain Tracker
And we were just discussing this on my last video thread.:)

Gee Ductape I missed that thread but just viewed it. Nice video. I don't care what I'm called. If it's a wimp, that's ok. If I can turn my tractor into a Rolls Royce I'll do it if it makes me more comfortable:D

I'm happy with the Rain Tracker. I think it's better than intermintent wipers. With this system it takes care if it's self with no adjustments needed. :cool:

/ The Rain Tracker #7  
Yeah, I was thinking how much i'd like a wiper delay, and i recalled you mentioning you were going to install one. You've been busy! Might I ask what list price on that might be? Did you look at other wiper delays also?

/ The Rain Tracker
Yeah, I was thinking how much i'd like a wiper delay, and i recalled you mentioning you were going to install one. You've been busy! Might I ask what list price on that might be? Did you look at other wiper delays also?

Yes I looked at a number of other systems and this one I liked because it was neater with no moving parts and no knobs sticking out and this one is all self contained. As I mentioned in the thread. It's not for anyone who don't understand electrical systems. It took me 3.5 hours to install it but if I had the right wiring color codes for my tractor it could have been done in an hour. I had emailed the company all the wiring info but they were of no help. They took weeks to even answer my request for information. Nice folks to talk to but talking alone don't get these things installed :rolleyes: I called them this morning and no one ever returned my call:mad:

As for the cost. I paid $49.00. It's listed at $59. but they had an online coupon I used and got $10. off the price. If you order keep and eye out for the coupon at checkout.

Here's the link: Product Details

/ The Rain Tracker #9  
Hey JD. How remote control.;) Operate your tractor from the comfort of your own home :D

Now I think that would be to far. There is nothing like sitting on your tractor doing something productive or just playing:D

My tractor is my home away from home:D

/ The Rain Tracker
Now I think that would be to far. There is nothing like sitting on your tractor doing something productive or just playing:D

My tractor is my home away from home:D

OK, OK I'll have to go along with what you said. I kind of feel the same way. The sad part about all of this is when I bought the tractor the wife said
" Your not going to do it up like you did with the GoldWing are you"? I said "Good Lord no!. Can't put much on a tractor" :rolleyes:

Hey JDK. Don't have a recipe for crow do you? :eek: