Any ideas for an easier way to attach PTO coupling?

/ Any ideas for an easier way to attach PTO coupling? #11  
That Speeco shaft extender at $122 looks like an expensive deal. I think my overspeed clutch was about $50 and it has the same type pin. You could use one of those for less than half the price. Install the overrun clutch in the PTO shaft from the equipment first then just clamp the pin as others have suggested. and slide it as far as it will go, then remove the vice grip, then pull it back slowly till it locks in place

/ Any ideas for an easier way to attach PTO coupling? #13  
I guess my eyes arent what they should be. I had to go back and look at the Speeco site. I am ALMOST but not sure that the $122 price was not marked thru, but what the heck, the advice was solid anyway as both items do the work. Unfortunately on my old tractor, it doesnt have a live PTO so I have to have the overspeed clutch anyway. What really is amazing is the number of different types of hookups. Some twist, some pull back, other have a spring loaded pin and then older still just have bolt to install for the safety. The bolt is not that easy either as you still have to juggle the shaft back and forth to get the hole just right. We used to say "if it was easy we would have our wives doing it" but now days, many of the wives are doing it and very well too. We all just have to figure a way to be smarter than the safety police in order to make our lives easier or sometimes even functional. Every time some idiot gets hurt the design engineers have to figure out a way to prevent it and therefore make most of our lives unbearable.

/ Any ideas for an easier way to attach PTO coupling? #14  
That Speeco shaft extender at $122 looks like an expensive deal.

Huh? $23.68, per the link Speeco/Farmex 03028 PTO Extender w/ Quick Release 21 Spline 1000 RPM: 1-3/8"x21 (F) to 1-3/8"x21 (M)

But my Kubota has a 6 splines on it's male PTO shaft and this says 21 spline?? What dimension is the "21". Twenty one what? Can't be 21 splines?

Well I guess some do have 20 and 21 splines, just looked at that site and saw a picture of some PTOs with that many. Sorry about that.

/ Any ideas for an easier way to attach PTO coupling? #15  
ren, On the pto shafts on my JD 425 the collar pulls back and locks back when I pull it off then snaps forward when I push it on to the shaft. I wonder if you could find one like that for your machine?

Chris

/ Any ideas for an easier way to attach PTO coupling? #16  
John Deere had some type of Quick Attach system on there website. They showed backing up to a PTO implement and hooking up without leaving your seat.

/ Any ideas for an easier way to attach PTO coupling? #18  

I have a bad arm too and it is hard to connect the pto coupling, i really liked the autohitch, just wished i could drop the backhoe and unhook the hoses without getting off the tractor.

I usually have to get my wife to help, then she works for two hours trying yo get the grease out from under her nails.:D

Anyway thanks allot for posting this, i never looked for anything like
this before.

/ Any ideas for an easier way to attach PTO coupling? #19  
lots of suggestions ...one more, for your wife: latex/surgical gloves