Farm Show publication

/ Farm Show publication #2  
Yep. Some of the stuff is just plain dumb. Some of the stuff is pretty cool. Always interesting to read. Seems like the ideas have gone downhill in the last year, but I still look forward to it coming in the mail.

/ Farm Show publication #3  
Yep. Some of the stuff is just plain dumb. Some of the stuff is pretty cool. Always interesting to read. Seems like the ideas have gone downhill in the last year, but I still look forward to it coming in the mail.

I also await the next issue but find less new with each issue. Some stuff is bogus, like the hydrogen generators getting 2000 MPG, and some is just dumb, who cares that someone's best buy was a combine purchased 35 years ago that lasted for 17 years. Each issue has at least one article that makes you wonder, hmmmmmm, that might work? It amazes me that some have junk worth more than we paid for our new tractors. MikeD74T

/ Farm Show publication #4  
We recently got a subscription, I like most of the home-built stuff, but could care less about commercially made products. I like the "Best Of.." book that came out late last year better than the papers that we usually get. You are correct- some of the stuff is just clutter to take up room on a page.

/ Farm Show publication #5  
   / Farm Show publication #6  
I subscribed for almost 10 years but gave it up 2 years ago. It got to the point that I'd seen most of the stuff before in an old issue.

/ Farm Show publication #7  
I have been subscribing for a few years now. I agree, seems the really good ideas are farther and farther apart. To me the best use is to just be exposed to some off the wall thinking, then use the best ideas for "seed" to get me thinking how I could improve on it.
jp

/ Farm Show publication #8  
"She Uses Compost To Heat Her Greenhouse" was the most interesting one to me in the current issue.

/ Farm Show publication #9  
I have been subscribing for a few years now. I agree, seems the really good ideas are farther and farther apart. To me the best use is to just be exposed to some off the wall thinking, then use the best ideas for "seed" to get me thinking how I could improve on it.
jp

That's what I liked about it. There's a certain frame of mind that reading "Farm Show" gets me into. After an hour of reading I start seeing everything as a potential resource for some crazy project I'd never thought of before. I subscribed for a year and kept all of the issues. That was about right. I go back and read past issues every now and then when I'm wanting inspiration.

I do have to wonder about the "Ad Free" concept. Some of the articles and reviews sure read like a late night infomercial.

/ Farm Show publication #10  
I renewed my subscription a couple of weeks ago. I agree that most of the "WOW" is gone after a couple of years but there is still enough in each issue to keep me interested.
One thing I always like to point out to those that are curious, you can sign up for a free issue on their website. I have recommended this to a number of coworkers and they always get the freebie within a few weeks.